News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

? about KCRF

Started by strumpettwo, September 14, 2008, 09:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strumpettwo

I'm new to the board so I hope this is an ok place for this post. I am wondering what the garb restrictions are for workers (boothies) at this faire?

My husband and I work our home faire but we may be moving to KC in '09 I was wondering if this is a strict faire.

We tend to have a lot of Moresca and Heart's Delight at our faire.

captmarga

HI - You'd do best to contact the Maestro directly, but from having visited the faire, I'd say they might be a little more laid back than some.

We saw some clothing that would never be allowed on cast at our own faire. (Such as men have to wear shirts...)

So, you would have to check with the Sales Director for sure.

The grounds are GREAT though!

Capt Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

strumpettwo

Thanks, that definatly helps! I just couldn't handle having to buy all new garb as well as being checked for accuracy!

I noticed as i poked around last night that MO actually has quite a few faires! I'm SOO excited!

Brother Gregory

Here's a website for performers at Kansas City that might help? http://www.kcrenfest.com/Performers.htm

TKM

KCRF is NOT by any means anal about H/A. they're honestly more of a fantasy faire than anything. i would highly doubt any garb you may have that any other trustworthy faire accepted would ever be rejected by the maestro at KC.

captmarga

Quote from: TKM on September 15, 2008, 01:16:42 PM
KCRF is NOT by any means anal about H/A. they're honestly more of a fantasy faire than anything. i would highly doubt any garb you may have that any other trustworthy faire accepted would ever be rejected by the maestro at KC.

LOL, not meant to imply that KC isn't "trustworthy"!!!  It's just far outside the realm of what we normally work in.  We LOVE the Vulgarians (the King is so over the top!!!)

It's just that our faire has a codpieces and shirt required on cast rule!

It was daring and bold to see a whole Kompania Boylen troop doff vests and dance shirtless.... shivers... Mmmm, Gypsies...  Opa!!!

Capt. Marga
Corp Capt Marga, Dame Den Mother, Scarborough Royal Guard.  Keeper of the Costume Closet.  Artist, Rennie, Etc, etc, etc

LadyNiniane

For performers (street cast and scenario), the costume guidelines on the KC Performers site referenced elsewhere in the thread will apply.

For merchants and their workers, the 'requirement' is that whatever you wear be appropriate to the period and your merchandise.  There is no particular set of guidelines out there for booth workers.  If you check out what the food booth workers wear (which is mostly garb supplied by the faire, since all but one or two of the food booths are owned directly by KCRF), you will find that anything that looks like a chemise and skirt (or shirt and loose pants) is acceptable.

If you have been a merchant at any other faire, odds are good that you will have stuff that will work quite well.  The biggest problem at KC is not authenticity, but finding garb that will work in both blazing heat and humidity, and cold and rain - we've had days of 107-degree heat and other days of barely above freezing, with spitting sleet and snow, and those happened in the same year (first and last weekends about 5 years ago)!

Lady N (who has been both a booth manager and a boothie, and now is happy to be 'just a stage act' these days...)
----------------------
Lady Niniane
Queen's Gambit - I'm the white-haired fiddler