News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Elf ears

Started by Tipsy Gypsy, September 15, 2008, 06:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tipsy Gypsy

Wow,did I ever come to the right place- what a wealth of information you guys are. I'm off today to see what I can find locally, then online if that doesn't work.

Many many thanks!
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Ista Sharrasi

Superglue was originally created to seal wounds shut - and it does it's job well, as everyone knows. I am not sure what remover he uses, but I do know that the ears stay for as long as they stay glued together *g* Before he found the glue-remover, he used to just rip his ear-bits from each other *shudder* He'd rip the skin doing that! But the remover works wonders, and though he now has a tendency to want to make love to trees, we can put that down to him being a bearded elf instead of the effects of the remover ;)
"We're not always doing business, but we're aalways open." ~ Boondock Saints

Tipsy Gypsy

Well, I found a pair of Woochie ear tips on eBay for about 5 bucks. Score! I think I may try the superglue thing too, and see which works best. I have a bit of non-acetone polish remover that's worked well for removing superglue from my fingers; hopefully it'll work on the ears too, and not be as harsh as the regular stuff.

Thanks to all!
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Ista Sharrasi

No problem! I'm glad I could help! What brand is your non-acetone polish remover? I may have to try that out and see if it works better than the stuff that I am currently using. And the woochie ears are ok - I have a pair myself - but if you don't want to spend a few hours getting them just right, the superglue is that much more of a time saver.
"We're not always doing business, but we're aalways open." ~ Boondock Saints

Bugsy

Quote from: Randal on September 15, 2008, 02:49:42 PM
No experience, but I did have this site bookmarked after a discussion on the old forums. http://www.aradanicostumes.com/index.php

Randal

I JUST place an order with them yesterday.  I made a Link costume for my son, so I got the large elf ears.  and the small ones for myself.

They should be here soon.  I'll take a pic and write a 'review' if anyone wants!
Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

Tipsy Gypsy

Quote from: Ista Sharrasi on September 25, 2008, 06:41:44 PM
What brand is your non-acetone polish remover?

Heck if I know, probably some non-descript store brand. I think the bottle is pink (big help, huh? :) ) and I know it stinks to high heaven. Milord uses it to wipe oil from his bowling balls...Oh, the places we could go with that...!

I might try gluing my ears tonight, just to see how long it'll hold. It'd be fun to see if my friends notice it tomorrow!