News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Court Members?

Started by Master James, September 15, 2008, 09:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

I always like to check a faire before I arrive to see if the court character I play is already being played by someone there so I don't step on toes.  Can someone tell me if Baron Buckhurst and Baroness Buckhurst are currently part of cast?  Also since I'm bringing a friend I thought I'd also check to see if anyone is playing the Countess Shrewsbury as that is her character.  Wouldn't want to come up to the Queen to be introduced and already have a cast member playing that character.  NOT COOL.  Thanks.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

McGuinness

Nope, none of those characters are around. Some court characters that we do have:

Mary Brown, 2nd Countess of Southampton
Earl and COuntess of Derby
Marchioness of Winchester
Duchess of Warwick (historically a countess)
Duchess of Sussex (historically a countess)
Lady Penelope Devereux
Lady Eleanor Neville
Lady Mary Hastings
Lady Anne Vavasour
Baron Peregrine Bertie
Giulia de Medici
Lady Philadephia Carey
Mistress Mary Fitton
Earl of Cumberland
Baron Thomas West
Sir Richard Hawkings
Sir Ambrose Dudley

I probably missed a few and I know I didn't include full titles...let me know if you are too thoroughly confused.

SrEstebanLegaspi

I've started to assemble a head shot gallery of this years cast (pro and amateur) so you're welcome to browse it:

I forgot to add that I have a listing on a Google doc I've published for easier cross reference of names to roles. It's at:

Google Doc Page

As you can see there are still some cast members outstanding in my rogues gallery that I hope to capture this coming weekend so that I can begin assembling my 2008 Season memento book.

Regards,
SeƱor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

Master James

Thanks for the information!  Didn't want to step on any toes!

SrEstebanLegaspi - EXCELLENT resource!  I wish we had something like that for VARF.  Looking forward to seeing you again and everyone else this weekend!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Dirtfarmer

I'll get to see my dear daughter again...

You know us Brown's need to try to gamble again and redeam the family motto "Not quite good enough."

McGuinness

Quote from: Dirtfarmer on September 15, 2008, 11:50:49 AM

You know us Brown's need to try to gamble again and redeam the family motto "Not quite good enough."

If we go by my pitiable performance at the gambling tables yesterday, it's more likely the OTHER Brown motto will stand.....

"NOOO...!!!"

Lairde Guardn

The Earl of Tyrone will be at Faire on Saturday.....but probably won't be staying long....
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

maddog00

Quote from: Colleen McGuinness on September 15, 2008, 12:29:34 PM
Quote from: Dirtfarmer on September 15, 2008, 11:50:49 AM

If we go by my pitiable performance at the gambling tables yesterday, it's more likely the OTHER Brown motto will stand.....

"NOOO...!!!"

Oh, your luck will be changing. For the better, of course (sure can't be worse). I won't be there next weekend, so I'll throw my luck your way...only for this weekend, of course. I'll need it back. Need that gold to pay for my shop.

Sorry to be missing the other Browns this coming weekend. Stop by the shop (Fiona's Fineries) and say hello to my lovely wife. She would love to see you again.