News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I Survived Ohio's Hurricane!

Started by CaraGreenleaf, September 17, 2008, 09:08:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaraGreenleaf

Hey all!
Those who were at Ohio last weekend know what I'm talking about!

Just wanted to stop in and let every one know that I did make it home okay from Ohio, got stranded for an extra day with some of the cast but wasn't complaining too much! Power was finally restored to a gas station mid-afternoon on Monday, so I was able to get gasoline and get home!
Castleteer, IWG# 3606, MERC# 836, PRIV# 1311
Flog'n M'Crack, Chieftess of O'Cinneide

Corseter, Costumer and Crochete

Scotsman

Wow ... stranded! We stopped in Washington, PA for the night before returning home on Monday AM. What a wind storm ... I never saw it snow corn husks before.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Old Tinker

dear Cara, we had left the "Castle" early Sunday morn and all thee way home me's were struggle'n to keep thee Van on the road. glad to here thee made it home also.
snow'n corn husks  ??? , Scotsman were you in OZ (or just sober'n up  ;) )
take care,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

jinx

Nope, Scotsman's right.  "Snowing corn husks" is a good way to describe it.  I assume, because we last caught up with Scotsman and several others about a half hour before Courtney and I left, they probably left near the same time we did.  On the way home, there -were- corn husks everywhere!  They were a-blowin', as it were.  In fact, two got stuck on the antenna of Courtney's car, which caused much hysterical laughter.  That would be when we started the "Cooooorn freeeeeee.  Free as the wiiiiind blooows." song.

Glad to hear you survived, Cara, Tink, and Scotsman!  I worried about everyone having to drive very far in that wind.
Lust.
Pirate.
Wench.
Mischievous Little Imp.
Dinosaur.

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

I was sad we didn't properly say goodbye to everyone, having been forced out by the wind. I, too, am glad everyone is safe. Though I must agree with jinx  . . . the snowing corn husks were amusing.  ;D

O glance at the wonders of Ohio. Corn. Bah.
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Imestra

This hovel in Cincy finally has Power!  It was restored to us about dinner time last night.   :o
No shingles lost, as most of our neighbors seem to have lost bunches.
Curtro & I napped through the storm!
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

DuCoeur

Twas indeed a surreal ride home.

I kept humming the wicked witch from the west theme....

And the Corn husks blowing/snowing made it even more surreal.

I am glad everyone is home safe and sound.  AS Syrac would say...we were making memories.
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

CapnFayeCutler

That was nuts! The whole way to Louisville I'm driving like an old man all on top of the steering wheel trying to keep the E-Nox on the road. I just remember thinking... "Oooh I wish I had my Firebird, I wish I had my Firebird...Low to ground, no flip!" Glad to hear everyone made it home okay! :)
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

StareNorthSteve

COW!

The debris reminded me of Twister...
Jo: [cow flies by in the storm] Cow.
[cow flies by in the storm]
Jo: 'Nother cow.
Bill: Actually I think that was the same one.
Melissa: I gotta go Julia, we got cows.
Ale-ing Archer
Loveland Castleteer
Head-Balancer of Ale

Elizabeth Talbot, Countess of Shrewsbury

Quote from: StareNorthSteve on September 19, 2008, 12:49:26 PM
COW!

The debris reminded me of Twister...
Jo: [cow flies by in the storm] Cow.
[cow flies by in the storm]
Jo: 'Nother cow.
Bill: Actually I think that was the same one.
Melissa: I gotta go Julia, we got cows.

:D

That's my favorite part of that movie . . .
Castleteer
IWG #3880/IWG Local #77
Wandering Pirate
Endearing Noble

Sir William Marcus

We were subjected to the same brutal winds & heavy rains here in Indiana. They just reopened several major roads and highway 80/94 today. All were closed down to massive flooding up North. 

We were getting ready to drive to ORF on Sunday morning and decided that we should probably try going another day. It was brutal here all day.
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Capt Lucy

Quote from: CapnFayeCutler on September 18, 2008, 07:29:55 PM
That was nuts! The whole way to Louisville I'm driving like an old man all on top of the steering wheel trying to keep the E-Nox on the road. I just remember thinking... "Oooh I wish I had my Firebird, I wish I had my Firebird...Low to ground, no flip!" Glad to hear everyone made it home okay! :)

Oh PISH!  You did a fine job getting us home safely!  :)

Oh...BTW...I still don't have power and now I don't have food for when it DOES come back on.  Emptied the fridge of 4 trash bags full of bad food the other day.  :(
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...