News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Extra Weekend Added to the MIRF run

Started by Margaret, September 18, 2008, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ladyfair

Cryon - that act the was drummers and dancers is called nomoboganta(sp)  I spelled it the way they pronounce it..... they used to be a regular stage show, I am sorry I had to miss seeing them again..... they were great!!!

Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

maelstrom0370

WOW! That's great to know.  As it is, I can only ever get enough time off during MiRF's normal run to make one weekend.  October is definitely do-able!!

Lord Virgil

When I originally posted I had a brain fart moment.  I meant to say traditionally 7 and now 8, oops!  My bad!
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

max and kate

I wonder how the extra weekend will affect the Mid Michigan faire?
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lord Virgil

This year it didn't because Mid-Michigan didn't start until one week after the extra MiRF weekend.  Hopefully there won't be a conflict.  Barb and I are going to try to make the last weekend of Mid-Mich, as opening weekend we were both sick, and this weekend we're going to Ohio.

max and kate

We'll be in Ohio this weekend, Kate can't make the next weekend but maybe I'll take a trip up to MMRF by myself.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

nliedel

There is some carry over with cast between MiRF and MMRF. The last weekend of MiRF is going to be media day for MMRF and final rehearsal. So, for the characters it may mean missing last weekend at MiRF, but there are only a couple who are in that position right now.

Other than that, not much. I have no problem visiting as many faires as possible. Addiction anyone?

My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Lord Virgil

I don't know about Faire addiction, but I know I'm jonesing for a Pub Sing about now,  so I guess that would count.  ;D

Luckily I have Kevin Tyler's CD to tide me over!

battlemonk

Quote from: Ladyfair on October 16, 2008, 01:24:07 AM
Cryon - that act the was drummers and dancers is called nomoboganta(sp)  I spelled it the way they pronounce it..... they used to be a regular stage show, I am sorry I had to miss seeing them again..... they were great!!!

I think they're officially spelled Nomobugente.
Yours, etc.,

Captain Saffron/&c.

Black Armor

That is awesome!  I know my wife got a little ren fested out toward the end this year but not me.  I won't know what to do with 12 straight weeks of ren fest between MiRF and MMRF!  I can't wait!

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

You're forgetting a few Black Armor. Add in two from Mayfaire, two (?) from charlevoix, two from Derbyshire, and five from silverleaf, that's 23 weeks of faire.

nliedel

Charlevoix is too far of a drive for me and I was not in love with Derbyshire. I tried to be, but it's got a ways to go before I haul across the state for it again. I will hit Bristol sometime next season. I really used to enjoy Bristol. I like Silverleaf a great deal, I was there the first year and they've really come a long way.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

L Dale Walter

Quote from: sealclubber on October 17, 2008, 12:14:05 AM
You're forgetting a few Black Armor. Add in two from Mayfaire, two (?) from charlevoix, two from Derbyshire, and five from silverleaf, that's 23 weeks of faire.

Charlevoix was a one time deal.  Not to be repeated.  SO axe that one.

LDW

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Right, so, still 21 weekends of faire, I believe.

C'mon people! We've still got four weekends in april, two in may and june to fill, we can do it, I know we can!

Okay, seriously? That's a joke. I think I'd die. Or my wife would kill me.

Cyron

lol so whens the party at your place mitch?
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!