News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Extra Weekend Added to the MIRF run

Started by Margaret, September 18, 2008, 05:54:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

Don't forget Great Lakes,and Kentucky Highland faires.We will make both this year and if luck holds TRF for 2 weekends! plus Frankenfeast and an early Castleteer party will hopefully be held.
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

nliedel

There can never be enough reasons to make garb and have bling-a-bility. Something Serena does not have. So I need to take out my bling-ness on other poor faires.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Black Armor

Quote from: sealclubber on October 17, 2008, 12:14:05 AM
You're forgetting a few Black Armor. Add in two from Mayfaire, two (?) from charlevoix, two from Derbyshire, and five from silverleaf, that's 23 weeks of faire.

I wouldn't mind trying to make it to some of those ones but MiRF and MMRF are both pretty close to where I live; MiRF is about 25 minutes from home and just a couple of miles from my work and MMRF is about 40 minutes from home.  I'm pretty lucky that I don't have to drive very far like some people do.

Ladyfair

Battlemonk - Thanks for the correct spelling..... I even have the DVD/CD but was to lazy to go find it to get the spelling right....giggle...... hey you guys making chili again?   Can i get the recipes.....minus the extra heat......giggle.... my tummy is such a griper....hehehhee

Sealclubber - Dont forget the Celtic festivals.....and the SCA events....
Lady Penny Clan Sutcliff - MI Chieftess
2013 Penny family Gathering Sept 7-8
Ren Vet
IWG Wench #3523

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

I generally ignore the sca events. Anywhere where I can't wear my rubber duck is not a faire to me,.

sealion

Quote from: nliedel on October 17, 2008, 07:14:01 AM
Charlevoix is too far of a drive for me and I was not in love with Derbyshire. I tried to be, but it's got a ways to go before I haul across the state for it again. I will hit Bristol sometime next season. I really used to enjoy Bristol. I like Silverleaf a great deal, I was there the first year and they've really come a long way.
Derbyshire does need to grow a bit yet (I think they are three years old?) but it's nice for me to have a fair that is 30 minutes from home. At the moment I am having a hard time convincing myself that attending MMRF is going to be worth a 3 hour drive and overnight hotel expense. I guess the shopping in Frankenmuth and Birch Run will make that worthwhile! LOL
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

sealion

Quote from: sealclubber on October 17, 2008, 01:05:40 PM
Right, so, still 21 weekends of faire, I believe.

C'mon people! We've still got four weekends in april, two in may and june to fill, we can do it, I know we can!

Okay, seriously? That's a joke. I think I'd die. Or my wife would kill me.

Another faire on the WEST side of the state would be wonderful!
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

nliedel

Quote from: sealion on October 18, 2008, 08:32:49 AM
Quote from: nliedel on October 17, 2008, 07:14:01 AM
Charlevoix is too far of a drive for me and I was not in love with Derbyshire. I tried to be, but it's got a ways to go before I haul across the state for it again. I will hit Bristol sometime next season. I really used to enjoy Bristol. I like Silverleaf a great deal, I was there the first year and they've really come a long way.
Derbyshire does need to grow a bit yet (I think they are three years old?) but it's nice for me to have a fair that is 30 minutes from home. At the moment I am having a hard time convincing myself that attending MMRF is going to be worth a 3 hour drive and overnight hotel expense. I guess the shopping in Frankenmuth and Birch Run will make that worthwhile! LOL

I grew up in Grand Haven, so I'm going to audition for a singing spot at Derbyshire next year, if I can figure out how.

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

http://www.renontherun.com/

Are the people who do mayfaire and derbyshire, if you'd like to contact them about working.

nliedel

Quote from: sealclubber on October 18, 2008, 03:30:42 PM
http://www.renontherun.com/

Are the people who do mayfaire and derbyshire, if you'd like to contact them about working.

Merci.

groomporter

Speaking of other Michigan events, anyone been to the Kalamazoo Living History Show in March? http://www.kalamazooshow.com/
It's primarily Colonial through Civil War merchants, but it can be worth checking out for cross-over items that fit more than one era.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?