News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Brewing, Mead-Making, Cordial / Loki Recipes

Started by Magister, May 12, 2008, 07:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrHyde

Ingredients:
32 ounces of 80 proof Popov Vodka
100 Great Value Peppermint Starlight Mints

Directions:
Place 100 Great Value Peppermint Starlight Mints into a 32 ounce sealable jar. Pour 80 proof Popov Vodka in the jar to the 32 ounce line. Cap the jar and shake.

The Popov Vodka will dissolve the Great Value Peppermint Starlight Mints but will create a syrup in the vodka so every day flip the jar so that the syrup can be absorbed by the vodka. Let the jar sit in this way for 23 days. The Great Value Peppermint Starlight Mints should be dissolved fully into the Popov Vodka.

Filter the new Peppermint Infused Vodka through coffee filters and bottle.

Home Faire - Texas Renaissance Festival
Frequent - Scarborough, Four Winds, Sherwood, and Middlefaire as well.

MrHyde

I was surprised that only 50 candies was able to produce a cordial that tastes exactly like a Grape Jolly Rancher.  If you love grape candy you have to make a batch of this.  You will not be disappointed.

Ingredients:
50 Hershey's Jolly Rancher Grape Candies

Directions:
Place 50 Hershey's Jolly Rancher Grape Candies into a 32 ounce sealable jar. Pour 80 proof Popov Vodka in the jar to the 32 ounce line. Cap the jar and shake. The Popov Vodka will dissolve the Hershey's Jolly Rancher Grape Candies. Let the jar sit shaking often for 23 days. The Hershey's Jolly Rancher Grape Candies totally dissolve so there is no need to filter.  Just bottle the new Grape Infused Vodka.

MrHyde

Tastes exactly like a Butterscotch Disc.  As stated in the recipe it is slightly thicker than the normal thickness of Vodka but not as thick as a syrup. 

Ingredients:
100 Great Value Butterscotch Discs

Directions:
Place 100 Great Value Butterscotch Discs into a 32 ounce sealable jar. Pour 80 proof Popov Vodka in the jar to the 32 ounce line. Cap the jar and shake. The Popov Vodka will dissolve the Great Value Butterscotch Discs but will create a syrup in the vodka so every day flip the jar so that the syrup can be absorbed by the vodka.  Let the jar sit in this way for 23 days.  The Great Value Butterscotch Discs should be dissolved fully into the Popov Vodka.  The liquid will be slightly thicker but not the thickness of cough syrup or maple syrup. Filter the new Butterscotch Infused Vodka through coffee filters and bottle.

MrHyde

AMAZING flavor.  I put this in the freezer, over ice and mixed with a little club soda.  It was amazing.

Ingredients:
32 ounces of 80 proof Gilbey's Vodka
6 ounce box of Ferrara Pan Red Hots
12 Hershey's Jolly Rancher Cinnamon Fire Candies

Directions:
Pour the 6 ounce box of Ferrara Pan Red Hots into a 32 ounce sealable jar.  Pour 80 proof Gilbey's Vodka in the jar to the 32 ounce line.  Cap the jar and shake. Let the jar sit for 3 days, shaking as often as possible to prevent the Ferrara Pan Red Hots from sticking to the bottom.  After 3 days time the 80 proof Gilbey's Vodka will have dissolved the Ferrara Pan Red Hots.  Add the 12 Hershey's Jolly Rancher Cinnamon Fire Candies to the jar.  Cap the jar and shake. Let the jar sit for 9 days, shaking as often as possible to prevent the Hershey's Jolly Rancher Cinnamon Fire Candies from sticking to the bottom.  After the 9 days the 80 proof Gilbey's Vodka will have dissolved the Hershey's Jolly Rancher Cinnamon Fire Candies. Filter the new Cinnamon Infused Vodka through coffee filters and bottle.

MrHyde

Red Cadbury Adams Swedish Fish are actually tropical punch flavored.  Most people don't know this.  I am not a huge fan of the actual flavor of vodka (people tell me it has no flavor, they lie).  This recipe was great because it actually tastes exactly like a Swedish Fish.  Place it in the freezer and pour it over ice with club soda.  It is really good.

Ingredients:
32 ounces of 80 proof Gilbey's Vodka
108 Red Cadbury Adams Swedish Fish
½ cup of white granulated sugar

Directions:
Place 36 Red Cadbury Adams Swedish Fish into a 32 ounce sealable jar. Pour 80 proof Gilbey's Vodka in the jar to the 32 ounce line. Cap the jar and shake. Let the jar sit for 1 day, shaking as often as possible to prevent the Red Cadbury Adams Swedish Fish from sticking to the bottom.  Place an additional 36 Red Cadbury Adams Swedish Fish into the jar.  Cap the jar and shake. Let the jar sit for 11 days, shaking as often as possible to prevent the Red Cadbury Adams Swedish Fish from sticking to the bottom.  Filter the jar removing the 72 Red Cadbury Swedish Fish from the jar.  Add ½ cup of white granulated sugar and 36 Red Cadbury Adams Swedish Fish.  Cap the jar and shake. Let the jar sit for 10 days, shaking as often as possible to prevent the Red Cadbury Adams Swedish Fish from sticking to the bottom.  Filter the new Swedish Fish Infused Vodka through coffee filters and bottle.

Magister

Reposting for Butch ...

I realized I hadn't put up the recipe for the Lemonhead Vodka yet.

Here we go:

1 litre of vodka (I used Military Special vodka)
4 pkgs (6 oz each) of Lemonheads candy

Put the vodka into a sealable container large enough to hold both the vodka and the candy.
Put the candy into the vodka.
The candy dissolves in less than 2 days, with almost no sediment.
Strain the mixture through a cloth after you are certain the candy is completely dissolved (I waited about 2 weeks).
Let age, decant, and enjoy!
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade