News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gallery of In Progress Projects

Started by jmkhalfmoon, September 19, 2008, 01:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaubon

Only because you've been slacking..... :o

Dinobabe

I love seeing an outfit that is stitched but no embelishments (trim, beading, etc.).  And then later when you see the extras it's like WOW!  You knew what the garment looked like but the decorations are what make it unique and show the person's creative nature and what THEY want out of their garment.  Cool pics, all!  :o  Maybe I'll have some soon to post.
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Syrilla

Zaubon, I haven't been slacking.  I have been sewing like made in my mind!  :P

LaurenLee

I love how it was mentioned that a project is taking over the living room... I can't tell you how many times I wake up at night and go to the kitchen for a glass of water, and am startled into fear by the figure that seems to be standing there about to attack me... when it's only poor AnneBoleyn, my headless dummy, modeling the latest In Progress Project!!! :P

Taffy Saltwater

I'm cooling my heels in a one room MIL over my sister's garage until my next move & have my Snape gown hanging on Dolly the Dress Form.  Scares the tar out of me to wake up & see this black form hovering next to my bed.  She's also much taller than I am as the stand is jerry rigged.
Sveethot!

LaurenLee

Taffy... you and the rest of us would be considered quite mad  by other's standards, wouldn't we? :-\  Seamstresses are a breed unto themselves....

Taffy Saltwater

In addition to garbing, I'm learning waaaaay too much about pvc piping as Dolly had no stand, but was an excellent deal $ wise.  Did you know that the size - 3/4", etc. - meant the size of the hole, not the size of the pipe from outer edge to outer edge?  I didn't but now I do.
Sveethot!

GirlChris

CenturiesSewing: Oh, that fabric looks lovely. I don't think I'd be able to wear something like that, though. It looks so soft I'd spend all day rubbing my sleeve against my cheek :)

gem

I feel like such a slacker, too! I'm paralyzed by indecision (plus my weight changed so it's too early to do fitting mockups.  Grrr.).

Centuries, can we see a closeup of that gold trim, pretty please?

Tygrkat

Lovely work, everyone! :)

I'll join in on the slacker party...still thinking about the skirt that has one panel left to be cut and the bloomers with only one outside seam completed...that I started working on about a year ago!  :o

*eta*

I did get a little something done, I finished my first crack at blackwork, you can see it here:

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=4495.msg102562#msg102562
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

CenturiesSewing

GirlChris: Fabric petting is the best thing about sewing  ;)

Gem, here ya go:

LadyShadow

Quote from: Tygrkat33 on January 17, 2009, 01:05:33 PM
Lovely work, everyone! :)

I'll join in on the slacker party...still thinking about the skirt that has one panel left to be cut and the bloomers with only one outside seam completed...that I started working on about a year ago!  :o

*eta*

I did get a little something done, I finished my first crack at blackwork, you can see it here:

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=4495.msg102562#msg102562

Your Blackwork looks wonderful.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Tygrkat

Taffy Saltwater

Lovely blackwork & trim work.  I am in awe, ladies.
Sveethot!

Tygrkat

Thanks Taffy! I had a lot of fun with the blackwork  :)