News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gin's mom has passed...

Started by Storm, September 21, 2008, 08:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

I am posting this here since Gin has made all of 2 posts in 3 years and the only people who know Gin are the Minnesota group or those who have met her at MNRF. I guess I feel this is a Minnesota thing instead of a whole forum thing.

Gin's mom lost her battle with cancer last night at the age of 85. She had been going steadily down hill for the past few weeks. She passed away in her sleep at home early this morning. Gin was there with her.

Capt. Bacardi

Muffin and I very sad to hear of this after talking about it yesterday. You two are in our thoughts and prayers.
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Charlotte Rowan

I'm really sorry to hear that Gin's mom has passed away. I know it's not much comfort, but at least she is no longer in pain. Both you and Gin will be in my prayers.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Marietta Graziella

Please pass on our comforting thoughts for Gin. 

MG and VV
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

DeadBishop

My condolences for Gin and her family.

R/F.com member since 2003

Toarmod

Synn and I send our deepest sympathy to you and yours on your loss.

Captain Jack Wolfe

My condolences to Gin, you, and your family.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

SleepyArcher

Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Lord Figaro

Brandi and I know how your feeling Storm. Pass along our deepest condolences to Gin. With warm hugs all around.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Lady Renee Buchanan

Steve and I want to add our condolences.  Your family is in our prayers, and though we don't know her name, we added Gin's mother to the Prayers of the People at church today.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Ferret

I am truly sorry my friend. My condolences to you and your loved ones.

You and Gin, and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Ferret

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

Storm and Gin I am so sorry to hear of your loss.  Gin's mom and the two of you are in our prayers.
It's always time for Chardonnay!

Noble Dreg

Too much loss in the Minnesota group as of late.  In a smaller way, we too are family.  Do not fear leaning on your extended family during this time.  Wishing you peace. 
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

lady serena

You and Gin are in my thoughts and prayers, my condolences to you both.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Tarac

As we spoke yesterday let Gin know that our Heart is with your family take care and have comfort in the knowledge that she is in peace. :'(
Scotch the only way to go

Kiss-me-Kate

Please accept my condolences and give Gin a little hug for me.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Dayna

My most sincere condolences,  Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Lady Figaro

Please accept my condolences and pass them on to Gin as well.  I know how difficult a time this is for you guys right now.  If I can do anything to help, please let me know.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away.

renren

I'm so sorry to hear,Storm.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you both!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Fairyfly

Stormy I'm so sorry to hear this! Though I've never met your Gin, please send her my love and a hug. You and your families are in my thoughts. *hug*
EtteMum
TaskMistress of the Bayou Scoundrel's
Fae'N M'Crack... or at least working on it.
Rani's Divine Whip

Storm

Thanks to everyone for all the kind thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to both of us. Gin may not be into the whole message board thing, but she does read a lot of stuff with me when I am logged on, and she has seen all of these posts.

Though it has been a tough month for the entire family, The healing can now begin.

Her mom is in a better place now, and for that we are all thankful...