News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire is over... *sniffle sniffle*

Started by Lady_Claira, September 21, 2008, 10:05:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Claira

Wow, I went today to the shire. (only chance I'd be able to go to faire was today) I went with two friends from school and it was utterly amazing. So much fun. And so much awesomeness.

I did get to see laedyfaire. HUZZAH! (I was gonna say high at the pub sing, but you ran out before I could. I would have sat with you but the seats were filling up before I could). And just everything about it was awesomeness. I'm gonna miss it and it was really sad to see all the people so sad that it was over... then again, it was over...

But as the good queen said "Only 321 days and 15 hours until we can do it again!" HUZZAH!
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Brother Robert of Essex

Truly sad that it is over - and it was pretty busy the last day , a lot of people I think compared the preceding weekends.    I didn't catch Lady Claira, alas, though I knew she was there.   I actually hung out after the pub sing a bit to say good bye and thank all the actors that I could manage to get a moment of time with, and was looking to say goodbye to Lady Faire too but they must have slipped out in the mob and not stayed behind.  Ah well.

Fortunately, I'm told there are some other events going on so I may start doing some weekend driving now to find these other faires though of course, like Dorothy says.. There's no place like home(faire) ..  ;)

theChuck

i was there saturday, and it was nice.. but sad. and i looked around, but i couldn't find anyone. :[

robert, where are you headed next?
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: theChuck on September 23, 2008, 12:25:14 AM
i was there saturday, and it was nice.. but sad. and i looked around, but i couldn't find anyone. :[

robert, where are you headed next?

Dang, I can't believe we missed each other. I'm thinking maybe CT.. Though its a bit of a drive from NJ.

Brother Robert of Essex

Also Grace told me the Crimson Pirates would be in MD this weekend so I'm considering that one too:

http://www.rennfest.com/

Where is everyone else headed?  Payday is Friday so I can get me a full tank o'gas!  ;D

Scotsman

Although this is not my faire, I feel your pain all the same. God Speed friends!

Hey, come down to MDRF and join us for a week or two  ;D

... or PARF ... or Pittsburgh ... then off to CRF ... and so on.

The party does not have to end!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

robin35051

Yup, we'll be heading down to MDRF this coming weekend to perform at Pirate Invasion weekend.  We just got our schedule:

12:00 Lyric Stage
1:30 Boar's head tavern
3:30 O'Shucks
4:30 Sat. White Hart  Sun. Gatehouse stage

For those needing to stay closer to home here is the link to the Cloister Faire on Sunday at the Cloisters

http://www.whidc.org/home.html

You will see many familiar NYRF cast members.  We usually do the Cloisters, but it conflicted with MDRF this year and we consider MDRF our home away from home!

laedyfaire

we are all truly saddened to have our beloved faire come to an end... but we already looking foward to next year.

it was great seeing old familiar faces and getting to know new renfolks. all of the performers were top notch...as usual!!!!!!!!!

unfortunately,  thanks to the  horrendous economic situation our country is in right now, we cannot afford to go to anymore renfaires this season. but we are grateful that we were able to go to 2008's Mayfaire and NYRF.

So here's to another great ren season come and gone...looking foward to next year. LF  ( Roz )

Brother Robert of Essex

Quote from: laedyfaire on September 23, 2008, 02:13:55 PM
we are all truly saddened to have our beloved faire come to an end... but we already looking foward to next year.

it was great seeing old familiar faces and getting to know new renfolks. all of the performers were top notch...as usual!!!!!!!!!

unfortunately,  thanks to the  horrendous economic situation our country is in right now, we cannot afford to go to anymore renfaires this season. but we are grateful that we were able to go to 2008's Mayfaire and NYRF.

So here's to another great ren season come and gone...looking foward to next year. LF  ( Roz )

What? Your season is over?!

Perhaps if there was some sort of sharing of expenses?  If you are coming from Long Island, so is Ana, we could consider some kind of carpool / toll sharing thing?  Faire Roadtrip!?   ;D

LadySeasan

im from NY originally, but the MD rf was my first and home faire
but I definitely feel your sadness. We only have a bit more time for the MD rf,
so come visit :) all ren goers are always welcome!
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

laedyfaire

a lovely invite, lady seasan..

aye, brother bob, me thinks the faire season is over for us..personal message on the way.  ;)

lady claire.. it was very nice to have seen you again, if only for a few minutes. i am glad you and your friends had a great time.

renfairewench

I consider end of faire when we truly have no other faires to attend. So that make my end of faire in November as CRF will be the last faire we visit until next year.
Dame Dulcinea Deveraux - My friends call me Lady Double D
Awww...ooooo...shiny...must...have!

Lady_Claira

I'm really sad it's over. It was so much fun. But on the other hand, I'm going LARPing in a few weekends and I'm gonna go to CTRF with a bunch of friends. This will be the first year probably that I can go to more than one faire and that will be awesome!

HUZZAH!
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

renfairewench

Quote from: Lady_Claira on September 24, 2008, 08:28:02 PM
I'm really sad it's over. It was so much fun. But on the other hand, I'm going LARPing in a few weekends and I'm gonna go to CTRF with a bunch of friends. This will be the first year probably that I can go to more than one faire and that will be awesome!

HUZZAH!

When will you be going to CTRF? We will be there as well on October 11/12. I am hoping that the weather is cooler so I can wear my nobels!
Dame Dulcinea Deveraux - My friends call me Lady Double D
Awww...ooooo...shiny...must...have!

Lady_Claira

I have no idea when I'll be there renfairewench. But I do know it won't be that weekend because that is when I'm going LARPing!