News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

South Jersey/Philadelphia area Victorian Group

Started by LittleDickens, September 22, 2008, 01:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleDickens

Hello all,

I'm recently relocated to the area from the SF Bay area, where I was a participant in the Dickens Fair near SF.  I'm starting a new group in my new home region of South Jersey/Philadelphia for folks with an appreciation for all things victorian (dance, culture, clothing, literature, food, technology, etc...) and who enjoy playing the period renn faire style

If you are Renn Faire Folk, a lover of vintage dance (waltz, polka, etc...), a costumer with a love for peacockish and self absorbed finery and grungy cockney peasantwear, a fan of dickensian literature, a steampunk subculturist, or you are just slightly deranged and seriously absurd, or know someone who is that would like a group like this, I'd love to hear from you. If you've ever been to the Great Dickens Christmas Fair or you are Faire folk from somewhere else, then you understand intimately what this group will be like :)

At the most basic, this will be a social group for people with a shared interest and a passion for fun, friends, and food. More broadly, we'd put together some dance/party events for people to play the period in public and just have fun. Eventually, (long down the line) the end goal is to start an event similar to the Dickens Faire so that this wonderful institution can be brought to the east coast.

So, if you live in the area (south jersey or philadelphia area) or are willing to take a drive, or know someone who does, please contact me, PM or email, and lets get this going!  My email address is ccb138@gmail.com and my name is Chris.

Cheers and happy times to you all!

Chris

SrEstebanLegaspi

Hi Chris and Welcome.

You might be interested in some of the other happenings at Mt. Hope during the off season. A couple in particular:

Poe Evermore
A Dickens Christmas

A lot of the professional and pro-am cast of the faire are usually in the cast of these productions. Not sure if some of the patrons come garbed but I don't see why not.
SeƱor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

McGuinness

Souunds interesting, if only it were closer! I know there's another Victorian group around here (Harrisburg area) that performs at PRF's News Years Gala. They might be a good reference to help you get your group started and for some networking. Their website is http://www.civilwardance.org/ . Good luck with it!

NY Dickens

Quote from: LittleDickens on September 22, 2008, 01:01:01 PM
Hello all,

I'm recently relocated to the area from the SF Bay area, where I was a participant in the Dickens Fair near SF.  I'm starting a new group in my new home region of South Jersey/Philadelphia for folks with an appreciation for all things victorian (dance, culture, clothing, literature, food, technology, etc...) and who enjoy playing the period renn faire style

If you are Renn Faire Folk, a lover of vintage dance (waltz, polka, etc...), a costumer with a love for peacockish and self absorbed finery and grungy cockney peasantwear, a fan of dickensian literature, a steampunk subculturist, or you are just slightly deranged and seriously absurd, or know someone who is that would like a group like this, I'd love to hear from you. If you've ever been to the Great Dickens Christmas Fair or you are Faire folk from somewhere else, then you understand intimately what this group will be like :)

At the most basic, this will be a social group for people with a shared interest and a passion for fun, friends, and food. More broadly, we'd put together some dance/party events for people to play the period in public and just have fun. Eventually, (long down the line) the end goal is to start an event similar to the Dickens Faire so that this wonderful institution can be brought to the east coast.

So, if you live in the area (south jersey or philadelphia area) or are willing to take a drive, or know someone who does, please contact me, PM or email, and lets get this going!  My email address is ccb138@gmail.com and my name is Chris.

Cheers and happy times to you all!

Chris

We are starting a Victrian fair in upstate New York. If you look at the help wanted section it will give you an idea of what we plan to do. We have 130 acres and will be digging 21 acres of lakes and cobble stoning several miles of road. We will start with our basic needs, but we hope to have over 100 permanent buildings, an 1880's Ferris wheel, a cavalcade, 3 taverns and a copy of the Gilbert and Sullivan theater by the third year.

We would be very interested having your group become a part of our fair; please contact us at Victorianproject@verizon.net.
We are building on old tomorrow!