News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone going this weekend? (Sept 27)

Started by LadySeasan, September 22, 2008, 05:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

analise

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on September 26, 2008, 12:41:07 PM
I'll be there, and early, too, as usual...even if I have to wear water wings...I know Black Fox will save me...plus, cookies may be involved...:-)

What, you're bringng the cookies this time? :D

Amras Elfwine

They would be a poor substitute...I'll be there early, and may have a fritter or two...:-)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

LadySeasan

I never make it on time , lol
But generally I will be at the stage for the first show at Fight School at 11:30am :)

i need to get some sleep. lol
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Dallan

We didn't make it because of the rain. We'll be back on the 12th and 19th.
Fight'n

will paisley

Quote from: Dallan on September 29, 2008, 08:48:26 AM

There was somebody who bore a strong resemblance to you there on Sunday - no wonder they didn't say hello to me ;)

LadySeasan, I kept an eye out for you and if you were there, I didn't spot you.  I generally don't post to "Who's going to be there on X weekend at MDRF?" because it's so redundant - I've been there every day so far and don't plan to miss any.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Lady de la Warr

Milord and I will be attending Oct 4th and again closing weekend - both days.

LadySeasan

Quote from: will paisley on September 29, 2008, 10:36:38 AM

There was somebody who bore a strong resemblance to you there on Sunday - no wonder they didn't say hello to me ;)

LadySeasan, I kept an eye out for you and if you were there, I didn't spot you.  I generally don't post to "Who's going to be there on X weekend at MDRF?" because it's so redundant - I've been there every day so far and don't plan to miss any.

Rain and muscle spasms kept me from going :( I was very sad.  We woke up, and I was all hyped to get ready, and it was still cloudy, and my boyfriend decided that he wanted to check the weather which said it was raining.

Then 10 minutes later I had muscle spasms, then an hour later, then three, and another one somewhere around 5 pm. So it was a bad health day overall. Im still bummed over it.

But my boyfriend made it up to me by getting me MarioKart for our Wii lol

Im not sure when the next time I am going. I know we will be attending closing weekend. but I definitely wanted to go before that.  It just depends on the money.
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on September 29, 2008, 10:40:24 AM

We will see you guys there ... tell the Prince I will buy those tickets from him this weekend.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Dallan

My friend, I would never not say hello. See you in a couple of weeks.
Fight'n

Amras Elfwine

The truck is much cleaner now...the rain cleaned most of that glorious Crownsville mud off of it...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

will paisley

Quote from: LadySeasan on September 29, 2008, 01:27:22 PM

Rain and muscle spasms kept me from going :( I was very sad.  We woke up, and I was all hyped to get ready, and it was still cloudy, and my boyfriend decided that he wanted to check the weather which said it was raining.

Then 10 minutes later I had muscle spasms, then an hour later, then three, and another one somewhere around 5 pm. So it was a bad health day overall. I'm still bummed over it.

There's nothing much you can do about your health, but never let the weather keep you away.  As has been mentioned here time and time again, rain days are some of the best times you'll ever spend at Revel Grove. 
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Scotsman on September 29, 2008, 01:35:18 PM
Quote from: Lady de la Warr on September 29, 2008, 10:40:24 AM

We will see you guys there ... tell the Prince I will buy those tickets from him this weekend.

We will have them there with us Milord. In fact we're going to bring the entire lot of them just in case we find others who are interested as well.

They really are a good deal  :)

lowlandscot

Thank goodness it rained again Sunday night after I got home ad washed some of that mud off the Jeep. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have owed property taxes in Anne Arundel County. Now I need to find a either a really desparate or really stupid shoe shine boy. There is no way I'm cleaning those boots by myself.

Amras Elfwine

Quote from: lowlandscot on September 30, 2008, 08:02:30 AM
... washed some of that mud off the Jeep. Otherwise I'm pretty sure I would have owed property taxes in Anne Arundel County.

LOL!! Too true, too true! And they would get it from you, too!
Isn't driving a Jeep in the Revel Grove parking lot a secure feeling...I think so, anyway!

Cheers!
R/F member since 2004

lowlandscot

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on September 30, 2008, 09:10:40 AM
Isn't driving a Jeep in the Revel Grove parking lot a secure feeling...I think so, anyway!

Lordy yes....of course, on Hannah Day my husband sweet-talked me into trading cars with him. I managed anyway. I had my tow straps with me this weekend, but amazingly did not see anyone who needed a pull. Maybe all the other Good Samaritans got there first.