News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Renstock info thread...directions and details.

Started by mumsies, September 22, 2008, 07:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mumsies

Thought it might be easier to post this in a separate thread, so you had easy access. Still waiting on more possible RSVPs, lets hope for a good crowd and fair weather!

Renstock 2008 @ MUMSIES-Friday, Sept. 26 ...6;00 p.m. til.....?
BONNIE- CousinsCompany.Com
1699 Dime Road, Vandergrift, PA 15690  Office 724-568-2150
Bonnie's cell  724-316-1944

BYOB-COVERED DISH OR SNACKS APPRECIATED-BRING LAWN CHAIR-TENTING OKAY.
PRIMITIVE-OUTDOOR-TIKI PATH TO THE PRIVY-NO ELECTRIC-JUST GOOD FRIENDS AND OPEN SPACES.....PLEASE RSVP TO CELL PHONE OR EMAIL bonniecousins@gmail.com

From New Stanton-70 East to exit for PA toll 66 toward Delmont
Follow 66 toll to Delmont,---Where toll road ends in Delmont, it becomes Route 66 north.
Keep going on 66 North all the way to Apollo, approximately 12  miles to Apollo
(when you get to a Y in the road, just past State Police barracks, stay to the RIGHT.) Follow this road (still route 66) until you come down a hill, cross railroad tracks, and then cross the bridge.

***Note, you will pass a BP station before going down the hill to Apollo
DO NOT TURN ONTO ALT. 66 HERE, KEEP GOING DOWN THE HILL , ACROSS THE TRACKS, ACROSS THE BRIDGE TO THE LIGHT, AND MAKE A LEFT (YOU ARE NOW IN APOLLO) AND FOLLOW THE RIVER TO VANDERGRIFT. 
Follow Route 66 north, along the river, until you come to another stop light, (it is approximately 2 miles)
(Vandergrift Bridge will be on your left, you want to make a right onto Alternate 66 North. (this is Dime Road).

Office/Home is approximately 3 miles out Dime Road...you will see a red brick church on your left, start watching for a closed up gas station on your right. Our home/office is across from the station. Sign in front of house says CousinsCompany.Com.

If coming from Pittsburgh/Monroeville area...best way is from Route 22, to 286, to 380..toward Apollo. 380 exit to Apollo/Vandergrift will bring you onto Rt. 66.
Go north on 66 (to the right) and then follow the directions above.

If coming from Route 28, north of us...Ford City exit off of 28, follow 66 South toward Leechburg/Apollo.
Follow RT 66 south approx 9-10 miles, you will pass Garda's restaurant, a closed up water slide, Crooked Creek Market and Myrt's café, and you will see Alternate 66 turn to the left. We are 4 miles from the turn off.
Slow down just past a small business PC fix-computer repair...which is on the right, we are the next house that you can see from the road.

Office/Home is approximately 3 miles out Dime Road...you will see a red brick church on your left, start watching for a closed up gas station on your right. Our home/office is across from the  station. Sign in front of house says CousinsCompany.Com.

It is a BIG gray house, parking area just past the house on front side for the office. The party will up on the hill past our barn, (yes, it is a very long, dirt driveway). The road up the hill is just before our house, so you can either make a very sharp turn up the hill, or drive just past the house, turn around in the lot across the road, and come back around and up the hill.

You don't need to have 4 wheel drive, but the road is rough...low sitting cars may bump bottom. Take the drive slowly and watch for the high spots. If you would prefer not to drive up the hill, you can park at the house, and call my cell. Someone will be glad to come down and pick you up.

ANY MORE INFO NEEDED, PLEASE GIVE ME A CALL 724-316-1944. If you get voicemail, please leave a number...it's going to be a busy week~

mumsies

Copied from other thread to keep things organized.
Renstock 2008
The date is set: Friday, Sept. 26th, at Mumsies, 6:00 p.m.
BYOB, and covered dish. Anyone who would like to camp is welcome.
Let's get the guest list and goodies started, I will continue to edit the list as replies come in. Please pass along the info to other faire folk that may not read the boards.

Attending:
8+Mumsies and family-meatballs in sauce
2-Terry and Jan Griffith-music and mayhem!
2-Tia and Brad-cheese plate/crackers
3-Professor M, Mrs. M and Nell-pasta salad
2-Kilted One-Lady Alchemy-Tentative
1+Quiet One
1+Kip and Azara
4-Sarai, Jaya, Sadira and Rafi
2-Amy and Jason Good-mexican dip and chips
2-Anne of Oaktower/Brogan
4+? Ar Eigean Gael-this weekends Celtic/Rock Band
2 1/2-Krysta and family
2-Gram and Pap Cousins, potato salad (you all must have made an impression on her this weekend)
1-Ferret
1-Mumsies Mum
2-MacRee
4-O'Malley and friends

Professor M

Put us down for Pasta Salad.

We might bring something else, too.  We'll see what's needed.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

TiaLD77

Cheese & cracker tray for sure & not sure what else to do, does anybody like Mulled Cider?
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

anne of oaktower

I do believe I'll make it down, at least for a bit, and Michael may be joining us, as well.  I have no idea what I'll be able to throw together, but I'll come up with something. 

See you all soon!
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

mumsies

Just a note, please don't let the covered dish request keep you away...I know a lot of you are scrambling because of the faire....everyone is welcome, even if you all your bring is your smile and your company!

mumsies

Guest list has been updated a bit, still hoping for more replies....weather looks like it might just be okay...but if not, we can all huddle together under the pavilions.....see you all soon!

kilted one

We will be there, not sure what to bring yet, but we will be there.  Can't wait!!
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Sadira

Rafi, Sarai and I will be there. We're also not sure what we will be bringing. Probably some kind of chip/dip combo....

anne of oaktower

Mmmmmm.....my house smells like....

BROWNIES!!!

(Figured I'd add something sweet to the party)

mumsies

hmmm, mine smells like meatballs....

something sweet is always appreciated! be seeing you all soon!

TiaLD77

Quote from: anne of oaktower on September 26, 2008, 12:24:01 PM

BROWNIES!!!

Hmmmm Never had Baked Fae before....do you take the wings off first?
I want to play with your head like a drunk kitten:)

Professor M

In addition to our pasta salad we bought a case of root beer.  I may have a few loose bottle of Guinness to bring along, too.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

anne of oaktower

Quote from: TiaLD77 on September 26, 2008, 12:52:17 PM
Quote from: anne of oaktower on September 26, 2008, 12:24:01 PM

BROWNIES!!!

Hmmmm Never had Baked Fae before....do you take the wings off first?

Nope...the wings keep them light and airy!    (You had to have seen that one coming!  LOL)

anne of oaktower

Root Beer?!  HUZZAH!!!  Save me a can, please  ;D