News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Favors and Tokens

Started by Magister, May 12, 2008, 09:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylissame

Ah. I will only be there opening weekend.

Tygrkat

So, maybe this year I'll get my favors together before Faire?  :P It didn't happen last season, but now that I'm only working part time I'll be able to hold still long enough....
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Queen Genevieve

How many favors do you make per season?  How many do you pass out during one day?
Queen Genevieve

lady serena

It all depends on how many you would like to give out to friends and people that you meet. When I make mine I make around 20-30, I have seen other R/F people make 50-100. So make as many as you want and have fun. :)
Guppy # 81
Fins up

ladylissame

I made 50 and that wont be enough it seems

WindChime

I make 100 and some years I have to make more. It depends on what type of get together I'm at on how many I give out at a time. I have done 20 plus in one day at a Loveland Castle get together.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Tink

Curious:  Has anyone given out a favor only to get a look of confusion in return?

Also, if someone gives a favor, is the recipient supposed to give one in return?
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. - W. Shakespeare

Dinobabe

Quote from: Tink on June 26, 2010, 03:44:28 PM
Curious:  Has anyone given out a favor only to get a look of confusion in return?

Also, if someone gives a favor, is the recipient supposed to give one in return?

I would never expect one in return.  Especially if the other person is new and doesn't have them (yet), is saving theirs for people they know, or doesn't have many.  Giving favors is just that, a gift.  If you are concerned about the cost or whatever then you can make the decision of how to give yours.  Say to only people that give you one first or people that you have known for a while.
Some of the favors I have seen on here seem expensive and the givers give them to EVERYONE!  Totally cool.  But it is always up to the giver.  Have fun! ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Brenna

I would love to make some favors!  Too much fun!!  The ones on this thread look amazing! Great job, rennies!  I can't wait to come up with my own to share!

Lady Rosalind

I made new favors this year while working out new processes at work on our laser cutters. I spent $5 on the wood, and twice that on the tack-back pins, but I ended up with a bunch to give out to friends. I took clip art and turned it into a file that I could use with our cutters. I also made a few tudor roses that I give out while in noble garb, but I like these a lot more!  ;D

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Brenna

How did you DO that! Now that's amazing! I've been playing around with different mediums for my little "B"utterfly type tokens but I haven't settled on anything quite yet.  Was thinking some little ceramic or clay type butterflies with wire antennae and a ribbon tie?  Still not sure. I'm more focused on my sewing but will need to get busy with this eventually.

Lady Rosalind

Thanks! I used a laser cutter to engrave and cut the favors. As part of my work duties, I train students to use the laser cutters. This was just another way to stretch my skills, and make something fun!

Rani Zemirah

Lady R, those are gorgeous!!!  How fantastic to have a laser cutter at your disposal, and how very fun to be able to render Faire images into woodcuts... I'm terribly envious!  What a very creative idea!  Does your machine use vector files, or did you have to convert it to some other file type?  

Have you thought about the potential for profit that this would represent if you could rent the use of that machine and software for a few hours on the occasional weekend?  Faire inspired holiday tree ornaments, plaques... oh, the list could be endless!  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Lady Lil