News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Favors and Tokens

Started by Magister, May 12, 2008, 09:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

Thanks Ozium!  I am still debating on the size of the pearl on the disc portion.  I think I might go down in size, this is a 6mm.
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Lady D1

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on August 18, 2011, 09:00:54 PM
Thanks Ozium!  I am still debating on the size of the pearl on the disc portion.  I think I might go down in size, this is a 6mm.

I think they look perfect and would not change a thing!
Don't delay, taste a tart today!

scarletnyx

All this talk about favors..I cannot wait until I get my first one!

I am picking up that usually these are "earned" in a manner, i.e tricks, goofing off, ect. Is that typically true?
2013 RenNado Survivor
Phoenix Risen

Lady Renee Buchanan

I give my favors freely, mostly to people I've met and spoke with, also if we meet any RF members at faire.

I've also given favors to a couple of small children, when they've approached to ask if they could have their pictures taken with us.

Never asked anyone to do anything to get one, nor have any of my friends asked either us before giving one, or others to whom they gave favors.  Maybe it's a regional thing?
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

arbcoind

^^^That's how I give them.

Gina

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Lady D1 on September 22, 2011, 11:02:49 AM
Quote from: Bonny Pearl on August 18, 2011, 09:00:54 PM

I think they look perfect and would not change a thing!

Thanks Lady D!

Quote from: scarletnyx on September 23, 2011, 12:53:17 AM
All this talk about favors..I cannot wait until I get my first one!

I am picking up that usually these are "earned" in a manner, i.e tricks, goofing off, ect. Is that typically true?

Favors are usually given like Lady Renee just said.  W:)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on September 23, 2011, 05:44:21 AM
I give my favors freely, mostly to people I've met and spoke with, also if we meet any RF members at faire.

I've also given favors to a couple of small children, when they've approached to ask if they could have their pictures taken with us.

Never asked anyone to do anything to get one, nor have any of my friends asked either us before giving one, or others to whom they gave favors.  Maybe it's a regional thing?
Same here ;D.   I primarily give them to friends, favorite vendors and sometimes to a particularly hardworking minor cast member whom I might not know personally but is obviously going the extra mile to engage the patrons.  This is important to me, since I have attended a few faires where the primary cast members stayed in a group and barely spoke to anyone other than each other.  I acknowledge that this makes it easier for them to stay in character, and some actors are just too busy with complicated scenarios to spend much time playing with the crowd.
  That responsibility falls to the lesser players who bust their humps to make sure the paying customers feel like they are a part of the show.   I seek them out to let them know that I appreciate their work. 

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

justsomeguytn

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWPRq08h3pxI&v=WPRq08h3pxI&gl=US

I gave stormy brimstone a box that lights up with a constellation.

[Mod Note]

The correct link to view this video on a PC is: http://youtu.be/WPRq08h3pxI

- Mag

[End]

Rogue Hidesmith

Hey look, I actually did something ahead of time. Here are my favors for this upcoming season. It's the Hebrew word for Life, "chai".

If you can do a halfassed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind. - Kurt Vonnegut
IBRSC #1603

Coch

I tried my hand at my first tokens. A small shield in my colors. I'm thinking as a handout to kids in costume.

Rhys Coch

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

amy

WindChime

I third the idea. Of course that means I would need to think of something new to do since I took last year off. I try to make a different style each year plus I make one for Lady Helen and Sir Jim also. So in total I normally make 150 - 300 favors for the year so I think everyone sees why I took a year off.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Rowan MacD

The tiny shields and runes are so cute!