News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Favors and Tokens

Started by Magister, May 12, 2008, 09:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinn

That would be great blue66669. Right now I am glued to my sewing machine making garb for my renfamily who need it in a hurry. ;)
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

eloquentXI

I just got my favors done last week...

what do ya'll think?
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

CelticOne

Cool, are they flowers with beading the center? I'm only asking becuase that's what it looks like to me.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

eloquentXI

There, thats the right way of looking at it. ^_^;

CatAshtrophy

Those look really neat. And good picure of them too.

Yrose

Heck Eloquent, I was wanting one when I saw them at AARG. Very nice....
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Blue66669

BTW Pinn, um, my kids have absconded with my dem camera, so I can't take any pics till it's found.

Sorry booger...
Blaidd Drwg

Pinn

At least you are doing better than me. My camera died at VARF, got a new one and can't figure it out yet. ;D
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

Pinn

I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

lady serena

Those favors are really nice eloquentXI and PinnMcrack.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

eloquentXI

CelticOne

Cute Pinn, it makes me want one.

You know as much as I have been putting it off I think I finally have my favors more or less done for this year, all 60 of them minus a few that I already gave out. I just hope that its enough as the MN crew seems to be getting bigger everytime I see them. ;D
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

eloquentXI

I've got about...38 made, but with all my faire friends, near and far, I'm having a feeling that I'm going to need to make another 30...because between having enough for everyone at TRF, on R/F and not, and for friends met...oiy! >.<

MKDesigner

Well, darn.  My son & his family are involved in SCA over in Sacramento, CA.   After reading through this thread, it looks like I'm going to have to re-think the little coin sacks my son wanted me to knit up for favors since items seem to need to be pinned on?  This is what my little sacks look like:

They're simple little knit cotton sacks that have a long enough knit cord to loop over a belt.  Now to figure out what to knit that can have a pin attached and be small enough to put onto a hat or sash!

Time to put on my thinking cap ...

Marge

WindChime

I wouldn't rethink your idea.  Everyone can always use more little poches to stash little items in.  I think the pouch looks really good.  A favor can be any thing you want it to be. If the person wants to pin it on they can always use a saftey pin or even one of the other favoes they have to attach some place.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF