News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Favors and Tokens

Started by Magister, May 12, 2008, 09:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rowan MacD

Quote from: iain robb on November 23, 2013, 06:00:40 PM
Thank you! That's simple and inexpensive -- two of my favorite things. I really appreciate the help.
I like to give out a little something each year, to friends and as a token to entertainers and characters who go the extra mile. 

I like the concept for the rose token.  I've seen some similar bits at Hobby Lobby. I'll keep my eye out.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

iain robb

Well, I have the clear epoxy stickers -- I went with square that I'll turn and use as diamonds. I have the pin backs. I have the glue. I have the felt.

Just waiting on an artist to finish the logo for my book series, and I'll digitize it, print them out and make favors with it.

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Gauwyn of Bracknell on November 22, 2013, 02:04:29 PM
Quote from: iain robb on November 21, 2013, 08:25:04 AM
Does anyone know who it was who made the Tudor Rose favors and was giving them at the recent Kansas City Rendedezvous? I really should remember, but of course I don't. I need to know how they were made, since I want to make something similar.

the basic piece is an item from Spare.Parts called 1" Round Clear Epoxy Stickers.  She used photoshop to create the image and to this she applied a firm felt back with glue (like Aileens tacky).  The epoxy stickers have an adhesive back so she just attached the image/felt piece to it an hot glued a pin (you can get the pins and stickers I know at Hobby Lobby or most craft stores).

Let me know it you have any other questions.

Gotta get to Hobby Lobby-I have some glass version of these-but they are too heavy.
   Will your Lady be handing these out at DMRF next year?
I don't want to duplicate anything she is crafting too closely. 
   I can make a significantly different version, perhaps with a thistle.    I'm fond of dangling bits that sparkle.
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Epona

Played around with  leftover clay and beads from the craft room yesterday. Figured I'd give them out to kids.

PollyPoPo

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

Rani Zemirah

I bet the kids will love them, also!  They're cute, and colorful!  :) 
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Epona

Thank ye most kindly, Polly and Rani. :D

Serenity

Very cute!  Heck, forget the kids....I'd want one  ;D
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

Epona

Quote from: Serenity on June 20, 2014, 03:25:04 PM
Very cute!  Heck, forget the kids....I'd want one  ;D

If you're ever at Bristol this season, find me, and you may have one  ;)

RefMom3

*I* will be at Bristol; several times, including this Saturday ;)

Lady Renee Buchanan

Bristol is our home faire, and we will be there 6 of the 9 Sundays.  We have favors, too, so anyone there those Sundays, we'd be happy to give one to you.  Now I only have to remember to take them!
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Epona

I'll be at Bristol every weekend, both days. I love sharing, so if any of ya'll want a favor, PM and I can let you know my whereabouts.
Speaking of which: Less than 38 hours until Bristol begins! ;D ;D ;D

RefMom3

Well, Lady Renee, it sounds like you've given a good reason to aim for some Sundays for our future visits! Since I work alternate Saturdays (life in a public library), Sundays are sometimes easier.

Serenity

I would love to make it to Bristol one year.  WHEN I make it (not if  ;)), I will definitely find you all.
DoRT
OBL
MDRF FoF Charter Member
IWG #3798

Lady Renee Buchanan

Didn't see any RFMembers at Bristol on Sunday. Favors will return this coming Sunday to see if there are any takers.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich