News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Favors and Tokens

Started by Magister, May 12, 2008, 09:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

susannah

I agree with WindChime...It's always nice to have another pouch on the belt. If they'd like, people could even use that to pin favors to as well. Your design is great and the pouch is wonderful. I wouldn't change it.
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

MKDesigner

Thanks for the encouragement to go ahead with the little belt pouches.  I mentioned it to my grand daughter that I was going to be making a couple dozen for her Aunt & Uncle and she immediately wanted to know if I could make some for her friends in the finer chenille yarns for the ladies!  Oooookay.  I know what I'm going to be doing!

Thanks again,

Marge

Bugsy

My sister, Lady Pegos, and I made our favors today.

They're made out of FIMO.  Mine are supposed to look like dragonflies (the wings I wear are dragonfly wings).  And Lady Pegos made turtles (Pegos = Galapagos, she studied there)

I don't have a picture of hers, but here are mine .... there are pins on the back.

Elvish dragonfly
Castleteer
Bugs'n M'Crack Clan O'Maille
sister of Lady Pegos

Grov

Quote from: blue66669 on May 14, 2008, 08:29:46 AM
My favors for this year will be tiny litte replicas of my faire hair. Kinda like taking a little piece of me with you..... EVERYWHERE!
I have some of your favors already, haha. One of the red ones keeps turning up.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Element of Air

Chris said that my favors for TRF 2008 look creepy..... :'(

They are supposed to be the Element of Air. (All the feathers are different colors for each one)

They are made out of sculpty with feathers and pin backs on them. At least their eyes are closed... :-[
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Grov

Quote from: Element of Air on October 02, 2008, 02:52:12 PM
Chris said that my favors for TRF 2008 look creepy..... :'(

They are supposed to be the Element of Air. (All the feathers are different colors for each one)

They are made out of sculpty with feathers and pin backs on them. At least their eyes are closed... :-[
I think they look serene.  I'd love to have one.
I hope my life is an epic tale that ends well and everyone likes to read. --Grovdin Dokk

Element of Air

Quote from: Grov on October 02, 2008, 09:42:36 PM
I think they look serene.  I'd love to have one.

Awe, thank you Grov, and of course you may have one. I have them in all combinations of colors so feel free to pick one to your liking. I will be making some every weekend due to me running out I am sure of it. I am not sure where I might locate you but I can say that I can be found every day at 11:45 right in front of Lord Randolphs Chain mail booth getting ready for the parade. As well as after the parade I will be in the fashion show at 12:30. So you can meet me there if you like! ^_^

Hope to see you soon! YAY for TRF in one week!
FOKTOP

eloquentXI

I really like them, Cass. Maybe a little bit of beading or a swash of paint...needs some white to it! :)

I'm in the process of making a swag rag to put all of my favors on but that's not going so well. The fact that I don't have a sewing machine makes it interesting so all sewing is done by hand.

Not to mention the favors I need to make this week. >.<
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Grov

Guess I'll have to pay attention to faces at the Chainmail Show this time, haha.

Peddlin

Well, I think they are lovely. Very nice job.   :)
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Element of Air

Quote from: eloquentXI on October 03, 2008, 02:19:20 AM
I really like them, Cass. Maybe a little bit of beading or a swash of paint...needs some white to it! :)

I'm in the process of making a swag rag to put all of my favors on but that's not going so well. The fact that I don't have a sewing machine makes it interesting so all sewing is done by hand.

Not to mention the favors I need to make this week. >.<

Thanks Elo, I was going to put some kinda shimmer on them then perhaps glaze them or something. I am not really sure but that is the base and even if I can not get anything else added to them, at least they are all put together and could be given as is. But I might find something else really cool to add to them. ^_^
FOKTOP

mieljolie

Those are very nice favors, Element of Air.  Did you use a mold? 

I used white shimmery eye shadow on some beads I made not too long ago and it turned out pretty nice.  I baked it on the surface of the clay, but you can mix the eye shadow with the glaze, too.
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

Element of Air

Quote from: newbiehere on October 03, 2008, 02:12:25 PM
Those are very nice favors, Element of Air.  Did you use a mold? 

I used white shimmery eye shadow on some beads I made not too long ago and it turned out pretty nice.  I baked it on the surface of the clay, but you can mix the eye shadow with the glaze, too.

I would love to say that i did not use a mold but alas, i did! I am thinking about putting a shimmer pigment on them and then placing a glaze over that to seal them from everything.
FOKTOP

Blue66669

OOO!!! Save a pretty red or black one for me!!!
Blaidd Drwg

Yrose

I think they are cool. Tell him that's ok all my ren friends like em.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!