News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Faire Favors and Tokens

Started by Magister, May 12, 2008, 09:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nailin

I've struggled with coming up with favors probably for about 3 seasons till finally in Kentucky
I met someone who had given an idea lots of life and was extremely kind enough to pass it along
now I've just got to get the basics down pat & paint them differently
I'm a bit skittish as I'm trying to make it my own and not look like theirs
I've got permission from the original designer (thank you again) - i just need to get artsy and crafty
hopefully I'll have some to hand out at CRF

it's hard coming up with something original and i give major props to those that can
and am very thankful to those that pass on their ideas to help others
all the favors i have are special to me & remind me of that friendship
they also help remember those that have gone on and special events
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

Element of Air

Quote from: blue66669 on October 03, 2008, 03:16:44 PM
OOO!!! Save a pretty red or black one for me!!!

Of course blue, I have a pretty red and black one set aside just for you actually!
Royal Duchess of Air, Music and Beauty in the court of Queen Bonnie.
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks, Guppy No. 25

Element of Air

Quote from: Yrose on October 03, 2008, 04:28:32 PM
I think they are cool. Tell him that's ok all my ren friends like em.

Thanks Yrose!  ;) Raise your Fin a fellow Landshark! I am Guppy #25  ;D
FOKTOP

eloquentXI

Ooo, a glaze would be extra pretty! With shimmer! :)
I found this really cool multi-colored bag at a local store and I altered it and it's perfect for favors and tokens, even with a small little zipper pocket on the inside for my favors to give and small things so it'll be perfect for the light stuff. Can't wait to show it to you next weekend!

No onto making favors again.... Oiy.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

Taffy Saltwater

Element of Air, please hold one for me - your favor is exquisite!
Sveethot!

Element of Air

Quote from: Taffy Saltwater on October 04, 2008, 07:37:40 AM
Element of Air, please hold one for me - your favor is exquisite!

I definitely will Taffy Saltwater! If you find me on the opening weekend and I don't have any more, don't fret, I will be there every weekend with at least 30 favors on me in all different colors.

Oh and Eloquent, I did add the glaze with shimmer, some have silver, some gold, and some a light bronze. Really really pretty! I also need to find a pouch to carry them all in from my hip, but it does need to be light enough to wear with my chain mail. *Starts Searching* I might just make one....
FOKTOP

Taffy Saltwater

There's a very good chance I will be making a move to San Antonio soon - very soon - for work.  I love San Antonio but the timing is just awful - will be there at least opening weekend & Thanksgiving Friday.  Fudge.
Sveethot!

mieljolie

Quote from: Element of Air on October 04, 2008, 09:19:49 AM
...I also need to find a pouch to carry them all in from my hip, but it does need to be light enough to wear with my chain mail. *Starts Searching* I might just make one....

I just made a really quick and easy no-sew pouch this morning before Middlefaire based on something suggested on here somewhere.  Here it is:

Quote from: jcbanner on September 03, 2008, 10:17:44 PM
...my pouch is made from a large piece of suede cut into a circle (about a 20" dia, I'm guessing)  but I don't hang it by the drawstrings. did that for a year and got tired of it always swinging on my side and having to untie it from my belt 1st if I needed my something inside of it.  I took a scrap of leather from making a belt about 8" long and attached it to the pouch on the side oppisite of where the drawcord gets tied.  its very easy to attach a strap to any pouch with a few chicago screws that can be found in any store that has farm or horse stuff in it.

You just cut a big circle and poke holes about 1-2" from the edge all around for a drawstring.  The fabric I used was a wool sweater that was already somewhat felted so it won't unravel.  I think fleece would work well.  It was a lifesaver at faire today.  I'm going to use it again for my can tab favors I'm working on for TRF.
Royal Order of Landsharks - Guppy No. 85

Element of Air

Oooooo great idea! Thank you! *huggles*
FOKTOP

Element of Air

So now I have some more favors and this is the first batch I had made, just add some glitter shimmer in bronze, gold, and silver to the faces.
(I posted one images of these already)

Then I have Second Edition / Version 2! Oooo Ahhh!

These took some more time and have slightly larger not so fluffy feathers on them. The faces also have been completely coated with the metallic pigment before they were baked rather than putting as much as would hold after they were baked (that is what happened for the First Edition.)

YAY Favors. I don't think there is a way to date them with the year and Fair unfortunately. not enough room on them to do so easily.
FOKTOP

Peddlin

Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96

Nailin

WoW....those are incredible Element
Chieftess Nailin'
Irish Penny Brigade
Daddy's Princess
IWG # 3894

CatAshtrophy

Those are really neat, Element. I like that it still has the feather element from last year.

Alessandra

I'm working on these for TRF (Nov 1 weekend).  My grandson, Carter, has AHO - a rare genetic disorder.  Mint green is the awareness color. 

Are these ok or 'too personal' ? 

Peddlin

Alessandra -

My new favors are personalized, and they are not for such a noble or worthy cause. I see no reason for you not to show support for your grandson, and anyone fortunate enough to receive one of your favors should be proud and happy to do the same.
Peddlin M'Crack
Countess of Tyrone
Ette
IWG #3790, Local 96