News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ode to TRF

Started by Bonny Pearl, September 23, 2008, 10:05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonny Pearl

This is a little poem I wrote last fall in anticipation of the opening of the Texas Renaissance Festival.  Just a little something cheery  ;D

For many a month we have all been cold sober

But huzzah, huzzah for the month of October!

When fair maidens, brave knights, pirates and wenches

Don their best garb and tighten those cinches!

For all will be gathering in the lanes of yore

To rekindle old friendships and add sparks to many more!

Bellies will be full with offerings from the pantry

And many a merchant will have favors aplenty!

The mead will be flowing, the kegs will be tapped,

The rum will be running, huzzah to that!

A grand time will be had by all this Autumn

As long as the drink does not knock us on our bottoms!

At last all will say we are no longer cold sober,

So Huzzah, Huzzah to the month of October!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Blackbead

HUZZAH, indeed!

Very nicely done, Bonny Pearl!  Now, if I can just entice you to come up to Middlefaire and sample the good times to be had up there, maybe I can get you to learn "God Take the King!" and we can make it a hit at TRF!

Fair winds and a slow galleon to ye!
Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Bonny Pearl

I would love to visit Middlefaire!  I was actually hoping to do that this year but the fates had other plans for me :-\

Perhaps I can make a trip next year.  Do ya plan to visit TRF?
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Blackbead

Aye, Miss Pearl!  Me, the Captain and the crew expect to be at TRF during the opening weekend of October 11.  I HATE missing Pirate weekend but it looks like I'm booked already that weekend.  Do you and your mates intend on going that weekend?

Blackbead
"It's not the gold that sets our sails, 'tis freedom and the promise of a better life that raises our black flags."

Bonny Pearl

I and my crew should be there every weekend  ;D  It's damn convenient living 10 minutes away from the fairegrounds  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Blackbead

Looks like the crew of the Adventure will be dropping anchor in PLantersville this weekend!  See you there???

Rani Zemirah

Bonny, this is so much fun! I can't wait until I can come see it all for myself!

Great read, and so much fun!!!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede