News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need help finding a hotel

Started by aidenoffairfax, September 23, 2008, 02:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aidenoffairfax

Planning a trip to Carolina to visit, and may need a place to crash. Any suggestions for hotels in the general area? They don't have to be right in the area as long as they are sort of close. Don't really feel like driving the 4 hours each way after a day at faire.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Joe B

"Thomas Meehan"
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

Metheri

We are going to try the Quality Suites in Huntersville this year, I think. Price looks good. And about 10 minutes from the faire according to google maps.

Metheri
Moneypenny
Cruise Director and Brigade Secretary for Clan O'Ceallaig
Irish Penny Brigade

Metheri

When I say we, I mean Leaves'n and me. I am not sure what the official M'Crack family will be staying.

Metheri
Moneypenny
Irish Penny Brigade

Hibernian

If you stay in the Huntersville area you'll be right in the thick of it. From I-77, in one direction on State Rt 73 is the CRF site. While in the other direction on State Rt 73 is the Galway Hooker Pub where you'll find the M'Crack Clan on Friday night.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

There is a Hampton Inn, a Days Inn and a Best Western all in Cornelius that would put you within 15 mins of Faire and 10 mins of Galway Hooker.  They are all established hotels so Google will have their info. 

"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

aidenoffairfax

Although I would love to, I don't think I can swing the Friday night gathering... something about working in DC until 5:30 on a Friday, and then a 4 hour+ drive to the area... sounds like a blast though... might have to swing that one...
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

will paisley

Which weekend are you looking at?
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Lady_Glorianna

For the past 4 maybe more years we have stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Huntersville. It has always been between 45 and 55 a night and we have never had a problem. ;)
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Syrilla

Is Huntersville the best, less expensive area to stay in?  Red Roof is listing at $139 a night?  is there one in a surrounding city that you stayed at?

Metheri

Try hotel.com and look at the quality suites in Huntersville. I got a room for about $70 per night.
Metheri
Moneypenny
Irish Penny Brigade

Lady_Glorianna

Syrilla,

I stayed at the one on statesville road, huntersville. I guess a factor might be that we have always stayed there in November away from any nascar race dates.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

solaris

I have heard some people stay as far as Mooresville and Statesville. Both are directly on I-77 so they don't add much to the trip to the faire in the morning as long as you don't go on race weekend, most hotels double their rates on that week.

Hibernian

Statesville may work, but many of the race teams are based in Mooresville and these hotels also sell out. People start coming in for the entire week to visit the race shoppes as well as the races themselves.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lady Tess

I live in Mooresville.... the faire's only about 25 minutes from me (i use backroads).

Syrilla