News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thanks, Also, Seperate Note:Help Identify This Thief!

Started by Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman, September 24, 2008, 01:32:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

I just wanted to take a moment out of my hectic schedule (yeh, right) to thank our very own Cyron (Tony.) For those of you who didn't hear about the drama this past weekend, some female (I wouldn't use the term lady) stole a cloak from the Hearts Delight, after telling them she was working at Things from Rings.

Thanks to Tonys wonderful (and obsessive0 shudder bugging, we got a picture of said woman, in the stolen cloak, and were able to deciseively prove it wasn't a single one of us. So, thanks Tony, keep clicking away!

Edit: Please take a look at the picture contained in this post. If anyone knows who this woman is, please let security know.

nliedel

People make me feel horrible that I am one of them sometimes.
My journey from mundane to Ren Actor

Lord Virgil

Awesome job Cyron, and nice of you to acknowlege it Sealclubber!  I have no place for a thief, and I'm glad it was proven that she wasn't from your booth.  Did they actually find her and bust her for the theft or did she get away with it?
Nothing better in life than enjoying a pint amongst friends...Huzzah!

Cyron

see i knew i had a better reason to take all the pictures other then my excuse of i finally get to use my camera.  but i am glad i was able to get rid of the confusion over the fact that the lady said she was from dave and judy's booth, things from rings. 

the photo its self was not of her.. it was of 2 ladies who stopped for a photos.. she was walking past them right when the photo was taken, its not the best but it clearly shows the very unique cloak that was stolen.

while flipping thru the pics they lady from hearts delight about fell out her chair screaming thats my my cloak when this picture poped up.. but here is the photo they identified.

on a side note:  hey security [beep], where the [beep] is my [beep] ride back to my [beep] car so i dont have to [beep] walk my laptop all the [beep] way back out to [beep] [beep] bum [beep] egypt since i just helped your [beep] [beep] out.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

LadyAnn

Great job Cyron!  Hip, Hip, Huzzah!
"Castleteer"
"Buccaneer Anne Campbell"  ~ "Sailing Master of the Relentless"
"Stitch'n M'Crack"

Lord Virgil

With as well as she was dressed, you almost have to wonder how much of the rest of her outfit was stolen as well.  God I hate thieves!!!!!!

Black Armor

Quote from: Lord Virgil on September 25, 2008, 09:19:11 AM
With as well as she was dressed, you almost have to wonder how much of the rest of her outfit was stolen as well.  God I hate thieves!!!!!!

And with as well dressed as she was, I'm sure she regularly attends faires so someone is bound to recognize her.  I think you should post this photo under the topic "Help Identify This Thief" and see if anyone knows her. 

nliedel

I am printing out the photo and carrying it in my basket this weekend to look for the perp. I have no patience for this sort of thing at all. I know how long and how hard it is to make stuff for me, but that is not my living. When you're taking it out of someone's mouth...Grrrrr.

Black Armor

That would be great if she were dumb enough to come to faire this weekend wearing it.

Lord Virgil

Quote from: Black Armor on September 25, 2008, 01:16:29 PM
That would be great if she were dumb enough to come to faire this weekend wearing it.

She was dumb enough to wear it right after stealing it, so she probably will.  I will most definitely be looking for her! I'll print a copy or two myself and show all my friends as well.

Black Armor

Quote from: Lord Virgil on September 25, 2008, 02:26:43 PM
Quote from: Black Armor on September 25, 2008, 01:16:29 PM

She was dumb enough to wear it right after stealing it, so she probably will.  I will most definitely be looking for her! I'll print a copy or two myself and show all my friends as well.

Excellent point!

Cyron

Quote from: Black Armor on September 25, 2008, 11:04:02 AM
And with as well dressed as she was, I'm sure she regularly attends faires so someone is bound to recognize her.  I think you should post this photo under the topic "Help Identify This Thief" and see if anyone knows her. 

actually if sealclubber (not sure if persmissions are set to be able to do that for regular users, i know its not on my forums i have, same smf version) or a mod could modify the thread title to add that after the thanks.. that would work just as well as making a new post
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

nliedel

I'm blogging about this tomorrow. Some of those folks count change to make it through the year. This is a booth that does it out of love. I feel sick about this. Of course, I say that a lot.

No one, except the owners, are making a huge living out of this. To steal from anyone... well, digusting. But to steal from someone who works out of love. That is beyond evil.

Lord Virgil

Since most people carry cell phones, does anyone know a phone number to call for security if we do find this piece of garbage?  I have no issue with apprehending someone, but I also don't want to overstep my bounds as just a patron.  I also know that members of security wear blue berets with a red headand, so if you see this villian let them know immediately.  I voluntarily help keep an eye on people at the Guiness Pub and let security know who to keep an eye on during the Pub sing when the queen is there, but I don't directly confront anyone because it's not my place.  If someone has the info, post it!

Jon Foster

I think I would recognize her face if I saw it. She kind of looks like a regular too. I'll look through my older pictures and see if I have anything. I'll also be looking around at all the women tomorrow wondering if she's there...

pineridge

My 500MM sigma & I will be onsite this Saturday.....hunting.  :(
two words,,, therapy.

nliedel

I looked all weekend, nothing. If you do find her, DO NOT try to apprehend her. Just have one person with a cell phone keep a bead on her and find anyone in a blue berat with a red stripe. They're security. Also, any cast member can locate them. Most of the people who read this group know cast members. Security at the faire is amazing and I love each and every one of them. From Deb and Russ down.

Lims

Sorry to drag up old threads, but I'm new to the forum, so :P
I remember this happening.  We were all on the lookout for this woman, but I never saw a picture of her until now. 
QuoteSince most people carry cell phones, does anyone know a phone number to call for security if we do find this piece of garbage?

As an employee, I have often wondered this myself and have asked everyone in the chain of command and  the only true answer I can gather is that you can either find a member of security ( like we all know - blue hats and all ) or find someone with a radio.  Most food runners, beer runners, and such have a radio.  I was always confused as to why nobody at the main pub has a radio - us cigar people or bartenders included. 
There was a time or two that Stella had to have me run out to find someone in security for some reason or another - usually during pub sing.  Some of the security guys might have cell phones on them ( which, as far as I know, they're not supposed to ) but they can't exactly answer it and talk on it - that's why they have walkie-talkies with ear thingies.  It's a vicious cycle, I tell ya.