News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ooooh, new site new site! (website, not faire site)

Started by GirlChris, September 24, 2008, 06:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GirlChris

Faires in Time (those lovely folk who brought you the Milton Pirate Festival) have their Christmas show site up!

http://www.fairesintime.com

It's got the Tartan Terrors. You know you wanna.

Lady Caroline

Well, I'm interested, but frankly the website does not give much information.  For those of us that have never heard of this group, or attended any functions by this promoter.....it leaves a lot of questions unanswered.  Could be a great evening, wish I knew more about it.

GirlChris

Lady Caroline

What kind of building is it in?  (Barn, dining hall, etc)
What type of act is it?
What time does it start?
How long is the show?

Not sure if this is the first time they've done this show, but if not, some pics from previous years would have been good.  Actually, ANY kind of pics, to show people what they are buying, or attending. ;)

GirlChris

a) It is officially a barn, but it's a very nice barn. I had a family reunion there once, and it was basically a large hall with timber beams and a generally rustic atmosphere. Very nice.
b)The Tartan Terrors are a Celtic comedy group. www.tartanterrors.com
c)Hmm. Can't help you on the times. I didn't even notice they weren't there! Oh Keeeeeeeith....

This is the first year doing the show, since Faires in Time only started up this past summer. The pirate festival was fairly successful (from the performance point of view, anyway. And it did well enough to double it's run next year) and a lot of fun.

And I have officially exhausted all the information I know about this. Yay!

Lady Caroline

Thanks for the info!  I'm glad the Pirate fest was a success also :)

dunedon

Arggg ... you know I didn't realize that the times weren't on the flyer until just last week when I started sending out tickets (doh!).

It's being held at Country Heritage Park in the Gambrel Barn, a large structure that will comfortably hold 350 people.

It's the Tartan Terror's Christmas Show, which is a blend of traditional and comedy music put together by the Tartan Terrors.  I don't have pics to post unfortunately, but I'll see what I can get from them to post.

The times (show times are aproximate based on how long the dinner takes):

Doors open at 5:30
Dinner will start at 6:30
Show starts apx: 8:30 and will run until 10:30 or so.

It should be a great evening with a lot of good food, good music and laughter ... just the thing before a hectic Christmas season :)

You can email me at: keith@fairesintime.com if you have any other questions and I'll be glad to get back to you ... and I am working on updating the website, as always day jobs and life get in the way of the best plans so hopefully it won't be much longer.

Keith Sine
Faires In Time Inc.
www.fairesintime.com