News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Group Calendar?

Started by jayadancer, September 24, 2008, 03:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayadancer

I remember that someone mentioned to me last weekend about Terry's next gig at Mullaney's.  I was thinking that it might be nice to start a thread where we could post upcoming dates for stuff our fest family is doing out and about so that we could continue to support each other throughout the year...
~The Mystic Deliria, The Madness Amorous~

FoxgloveLupine

Hey Sweetie...

While it may not be a calendar, you can almost always count on someone to post what's going on and who's planning on going with this group.   ;)  I know I for one will be posting a Ren Day at Kennywood for Phantom Fright Nights...
Foxglove Lupine
--------
Assassin for Hire
Queen of Kitty Shoes
Girl with the big lens
"Rude...Rude and not Ginger"

jayadancer

Terry Griffith

I guess this is as good a place as any to remind everyone about Samhain.  Pronounced Sowain, it is the Celtic New Year and the origin of Halloween.  This year, as every year for the last 10 years, Pittsburgh will celebrate Samhain at the Harp and Fiddle by decorating the entire building as a medieval castle.  It is a fund raiser for the Echoes of Erin Radio show which is broadcast every Sunday at 1:00 on WEDO radio, 810am.
This year the cover charge will be $15.00 at the door and will cover a buffet live music from 4:00 - 11:00, a costume contest and many raffles and 50/50 drawing.  I will do an hour set and Professor M will be reading palms and doing some stage magic as well.

The music is always good and it's one of Pittsburg's best parties all year.

It will be October 12, 2008, doors open at 4:00.  For directions and information visit http://www.harpandfiddle.com/annual_events.html

My next night at the Harp will be Thursday, October 23rd.  MARK YOUR CALENDARS.  If you haven't been to a Rennie night at the Harp, you have a real treat in store.  We may have lost "Health To The Company" at the faire, but we do it at the Harp.
"There's a unicorn that's hangin' in what's known as father's room......"

Lady Celynn

As a veteran of many of Terry's Rennie shows let me tell you that they are special (and not in a short bus sense).  We always have a wonderful time and it's a really great way to get to know your Renn family a little better.

jayadancer

I come unglued when I'm passing through the glade and I hear a bit of Terry singing "The Voyage."  I cry every time I hear a little snippet of "Wild Mountain Tyme" work it's way up the hill behind our stage.  I fall completely apart at closing gate every day, even though most of our family is still here.  Hell, I cried at kareoke last night when someone did "Friends In Low Places!"  I'm not sure that I could survive a rennie night at Mullaney's after some of our family has moved on...

Jeeze.  When did I become "that girl?"   :P

Terry Griffith

Jaya, memories can be sweet and our nights at the Harp are just live memories and I know you will enjoy them.  It's our way of staying together through the off season and it keeps us going.

Families have to get together occasionally just to keep up with news and to renew our fellowship.  The Harp and Fiddle allows us to do just that.  Maybe even a dancer or three to "Toast" would be fun.

jayadancer

We'd be honoured to make that happen.  I just can't promise that at least one of the three won't be crying and dancing at the same time!

Professor M

Jaya, if you get to Samhain on October 12th, that would be awesome.  I'm still working out the details with Diane, but I'll probably be doing palm readings and maybe a few stage mentalism routines.  They rotate a different band every hour, and there's a small buffet.  Most people even come in medieval garb!  It'll give you another chance to check out men in kilts.
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

kilted one

Rose (Our Seamstress) and I are definitely looking forward to this again this year.  We had a wonderful time last year getting a chance to see some of our Ren Family and make new friends as well.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

FoxgloveLupine

And I know I for one will be there, come Hell or High Water... ;)  And I think my parents may also be joining in on the Samhain celebrations!! 
Foxglove Lupine
--------
Assassin for Hire
Queen of Kitty Shoes
Girl with the big lens

Angus_Cutter

Mip and myself are going to try and be at as many of Terry's gigs as we can get to and almost certain that we will be at Samhain.  I might even bring a couple people from my fighting group, since they are just as geeky as Rennies are, if not more so..

Sadira

I'm going to try and come!!!! I need to make a kilt/belly dance outfit...  :P

come on sister's we need to figure that out...

Sarai

Quote from: Sadira on September 26, 2008, 07:02:10 AM

Haha! We can so make that happen. If Terry wouldn't mind being invaded by some bellydancers that is

Terry Griffith

Quote from: Sarai on September 29, 2008, 10:02:30 AM
Quote from: Sadira on September 26, 2008, 07:02:10 AM

Haha! We can so make that happen. If Terry wouldn't mind being invaded by some bellydancers that is
Mind?  MIND??  I'm old but I'm "Not dead yet".  It would make my day to see you all there. 

Angus_Cutter

Not to change the subject.... but one of my other geeky friends works for Castle Blood, which is a "theatrical Haunted House Attraction".

http://www.castleblood.com/

I have about 12 coupons for 3 dollars off.  I'm not exactly sure how much normal tickets are, i think they are 13 each, so it would be 10 with the coupons.   I am planning on going either this weekend or next.  So if you want to go, let me know.

malarky

Richard (Captain Stout) and myself will be at PARf all through October as "The Captain and Malarky."  We do a little stage stuff, a little street stuff, a little of this and that... you know.  Whatever.  I think they put us in the program, but if not, you can find us around the site.  Hope to see some of you there
!!!!!!

FoxgloveLupine

Ok, so here's another one for you.  I'm trying to get a group together to go to Kennywood Phantom Fright Nights, October 10th.  It's a Friday night, which is always the better time to go.  If anyone is interested in going, let me know.  If we get enough together, we can get a group discount.  If you've never been there *walks up and smacks the guilty on the back of the head head*  what are you waiting for.  5 haunts, and rides, what more fun could there be?  I took a group of Rennie's on opening Friday and we're still talking about it!
Foxglove Lupine
--------
Assassin for Hire
Queen of Kitty Shoes
Girl with the big lens

Terry Griffith

Hello, my friends,

I know most of you know about Samhain and are planning on coming but here is a link to the info page with a schedule.  http://www.pittsburghirish.org/echoesoferin/Samhain2008/index.htm  I hope you can come before I'm on at 5:30.  Professor M will be doing readings all day but is on stage at 7:30.  The music is good all day.

Please come in garb or if you are tired of it, wear some other kind of costum.  The Harp is on Penn Avenue in the Strip and if you are coming from downtown you need to come up either Liberty or Smallman to 24th Street and then over to Penn because Penn is one way going towards town.  For you Google Maps types, the address is 2329 Penn Avenue - Pittsburgh, Pa. 15222  and for you GPS types, N40 degrees 27.205 - W079 degrees 58.838.

I look forward to seeing everyone.  I'm having rennie withdrawals.

Professor M

HA!  Now I'm listed as Michael Mykita and Psychic Scenes.  It sounds like a band.  Boy, some people are going to be disappointed   ;D

[Terry, I'm gonna hijack your post and start a new thread.]
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Kip

Hey thats a band I don't want to hear play!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know me M I have to throw my two cents in.

kilted one

I heard great things about that band.  They know all the songs I want to hear!!
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Kip

Your right Kilted one even the dogs join in ;D

Angus_Cutter

Quote from: FoxgloveLupine on October 02, 2008, 08:00:36 AM
Ok, so here's another one for you.  I'm trying to get a group together to go to Kennywood Phantom Fright Nights, October 10th.  It's a Friday night, which is always the better time to go.  If anyone is interested in going, let me know.  If we get enough together, we can get a group discount.  If you've never been there *walks up and smacks the guilty on the back of the head head*  what are you waiting for.  5 haunts, and rides, what more fun could there be?  I took a group of Rennie's on opening Friday and we're still talking about it!

I know Mip and I are planning on coming... and I'm trying to bring as many other random people as I can.  Right I have my sister, and possibly another friend.