News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Screw-on buttons? (411 REQ)

Started by Lord Caleb, October 13, 2008, 05:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Caleb

I'm sure you (the reader) is familiar with screw-on buttons, the kind usually found on ren boots. Where would one find those for purchase? eBay didn't have but two or three antique versions that looked more like they had a pin than a screw-on tip. If someone knows where these can be found, please let me know! Thanks much.
Home Festival: Carolina Renaissance Festival
Name: Josh aka Lord Caleb of Guilford

William Blackheath

Go to www.tandyleatherfactory.com and search for conchos.  I believe those are the screw-on buttons used by merchants such as Native Earth.  The conchos are mostly used for western style leather work, but they have a selection of Celtic, pirate and other styles also.  The fastener is called a Chicago screw, but may have another name or two that escape me at the moment.

If I may ask, are you working on a leather project?  I've used them for leather pirate hats and belt decorations, but I don't think they're designed to be used on fabric.  If it is leather, you may also want to get a leather punch.  I hope this helps!

Will

Lord Caleb

;D That's it, thank you! I have a hat that I want to turn into a cavalier, so that's what I need the button for. Thanks for the reply!!!

Ice Mage

I figured this was a better place for this post. 
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

Lord Caleb

Most likely. Will's info did the trick though. I'm off to have an adult beverage!  :D

Ice Mage

You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

William Blackheath

Glad to be of service, Lord Caleb.  Enjoy the beverage!

Randal

My local Michaels and Hobby Lobby both have a few in the leathercrafts section.

Randal
Vive Ut Vive

Lord Caleb

I didn't think of that. Thank you very much!!