News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The return of Jack Sparrow

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, September 25, 2008, 05:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Opps I mean Captain Jack Sparrow. Hi-Ho Silver kimosobie Looks like he will also be Tonto and teaming back up with Burto to be the Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland

http://www.comcast.net/movies/reelnews/1313/bootycalldeppreturnsforcaribbean/
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

lordwriothsley

You know I just saw something about that yesterday on yahoo entertainment news.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

theChuck

maybe that movie will have a shark so they can all jump over it... sigh.
The Renlist - find faires near you!

Taffy Saltwater

I was ecstatic to see him coming back as Captain Jack - my 20+ years crush on JD led me to PoTC, which led me to a large pirating - fiction & non-fiction  - library, which led me to Pirate Invasion day at TRF last year (my 1st time to faire AND garb) and the rest is history.  I was lucky enough to do the red carpet thang for the PoTC: AWE premiere last year - JD & Keith Richards on one stage - *sigh*. 
Sveethot!

maelstrom0370

Quote from: theChuck on September 26, 2008, 08:42:28 AM
maybe that movie will have a shark so they can all jump over it... sigh.

I LOL'd fer realz!

Muffin

*squeeeeeeeeeee* Can't wait!!!

I too have had a crush on Johnny Depp since his 21 Jumpstreet days!!  :-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

theChuck

so apparently johnny depp is going to earn $56 million for this film. it's the largest upfront payment for a film in history. dear god.. they must really want this movie to do well.

i'm calling it here: might earn a bunch of cash, but won't be very good. :/

Taffy Saltwater

As I recall, 2 made a billion dollars, and 3 a little less, so $56m is not unreasonable.  I'm hoping that they'll take the time to really develop & write 4 well, otherwise I'm not sure that it will have the steam to carry it through another sequel.  Has anyone heard if Geoffrey Rush is reprising Barbosa?
Sveethot!

maelstrom0370

Looks like Disney's planning to completely "Kiddy Up" the series

PotC 4: The Next Generation

theChuck

Quote from: maelstrom0370 on October 18, 2008, 07:22:56 AM
Looks like Disney's planning to completely "Kiddy Up" the series

PotC 4: The Next Generation

"A source tells the National Enquirer..."

i think that should settle that. :/

maelstrom0370

Hey, man!  That's a National News magazine!

Ahh, Hell.  I can't even keep a staight face while typing that.  ::)

Poldugarian Warrior

Sounds cool, I say keep the Pirates movies going. Even if it does get sort of sci-fi, as long as it still looks period and not real cheap into CGFX then it could be good.

Dallan

Loved the first, liked the second and tolerated the third. I'm not sure that I'm too excited about PotC returning. Then again I need to put something in my Netflix queue.
Fight'n

CountessofPhoenix

Think bringing in new characters could be a good way of making the story interesting. Got tired of the whole Jack-Elizabeth-Will thing. Now who wants to bet that Zac Ephrons character is Jack's long lost.....(insert noun here)
Countess of Phoenix
Descendant of Celtic Nobility
Designer Extraordinaire
We are only limited by what we can dream

Captain Jack Wolfe

Considering the fact that there's not even a script yet, the casting of anyone other than Depp, Rush, and some of the established supporting cast is just wild rumours at this stage.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: CountessofPhoenix on October 21, 2008, 02:59:54 PM
Now who wants to bet that Zac Ephrons character is Jack's long lost.....(insert noun here)

GOD lets hope not. I may have to refuse to see it at a theater then.

I'm not even sure Rush will be in it. Depp is the only one I have heard so far and it's suppost to be a Capt Nemo-sek (Steam Punk) type adventure
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Captain Jack Wolfe

According to my source within the Mouse House's central casting offices (a 25+ year veteran there, and she has never steered me wrong), Depp and Rush are confirmed for when they eventually move forward on the project.  There's no script, and Elliot and Rossio are still bandying ideas around for a story.  Although they do think the steampunk idea is pretty funny.  Out of the question, but funny.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

Poldugarian Warrior

They should definitely keep Geoffrey Rush on. I really think he is the quintessential bad guy pirate. His dress is very different than the usually Capt. Morgan-esque red coat and tricorn, and he speaks like a pirate of old, and like a human, not just some actor spouting pirate rhetoric from the old 50's and 60's type pirate films. Even if Depp didn't show in any more pirate films Geoffrey should, or even Dustin Hoffman. he made a good pirate captain in Hook. Yes, he looked like Cap'n Morgan, but again the lines were more believable than some other actor in that role. It'll be interesting to see what transpires. And let's hope no High School Musical actors/actresses show-up in it. Keep to the professionals or some young and upcoming stars whom can really act, not just dance and sing.

Poldugarian Warrior

Not to say that dancing and singing aren't talents that should be showcased. I'm just saying let other people have their day in the sun, those people already have.