News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Stormy Weather Now!!!

Started by Amras Elfwine, September 26, 2008, 08:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amras Elfwine

Man oh man, its got the potential to be quite renaissancely muddy out there tomorrow...its raining cats, dogs, aardvarks, squirrels AND weasels right now...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Taffy Saltwater

If it starts raining armadillos, I'd stay home - those buggers hit when they bounce off ya!  Have fun tommorow.
Sveethot!

LadySeasan

According to weather.com there will be few scattered showers in the area, and that is a 30% chance of that. So im hoping, that the Universe will hear my prayers, and not let it rain especially since I have been aching to go back to the ren fair and been cooped up in the hosue on sick leave
Clan M'Crack-Season M'Crack

Ranna

When it rains it POURS....and pour it did!  But we were out there!  Did ZERO shopping which always makes me sad, but we hunkered down at the White Hart before finding our own corner of the Dragon Inn, being loud and roudy and having a grand time.  Watched the last show of Hack and Slash and called it a day.

We are going to cross our fingers and head out tomorrow, hopefully my company will get to see more of the fest.
"The lasses have got to respect a man who can blow, finger and squeeze all at the same time." - Anonymous bagpipe player

Master James

Man that was the muddiest I've ever seen Revel Grove!  Several times the mud tried really hard to pull my boot off!  Had a great time though!  Hope everyone made it home safely.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Dallan

Fight'n

Amras Elfwine

I loved the parking lot Saturday night...it looked like No-Man's Land in France during Muesse-Argonne...the Jeep was a hero to other cars three times, with its stout tow-rope...

Considered calling in an Engineer Battalion for bridging support early in the afternoon...

It was  a grand time...and what a good crowd!! I was surprised to see so many folks there.

R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Lady_Glorianna

Considering the rains, attendance for Saturday was good (7500+)(I can't recall the exact number  ???but I know it was around there give maybe 100-200 or so ;))Both cast and audience were much better on Sunday though the grounds...Needless to say Ron's truck used to be black ::)...
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

RedRobin

Good grief.... Dan and I still have wet garb strung up around our place from Saturday since we decided it was somewhat useless to try and stay dry.  We didn't make it out Sunday though since Dan managed to hurt himself in the mud on Saturday.  Here's to hoping it manages to dry out before next weekend.

will paisley

Quote from: Master James on September 29, 2008, 09:22:35 AM
Man that was the muddiest I've ever seen Revel Grove!  Several times the mud tried really hard to pull my boot off!  Had a great time though!  Hope everyone made it home safely.

That mud reminded me of the VARF 2003 season at Ladysmith, right behind the VA Bazaar. Imagine an entire faire site as muddy as the soggiest patch you saw on Sunday.  Now imagine that being one off the *drier* days.  On the really wet days, there was a bridge of wooden pallets leading across the shire.  I remember people floating toy boats across the shire and have pictures of the main characters skating across the main stage on their heavy boots.  I still have enough of Caroline County mud caked on my first pair of boots to retain voting rights there.

At MDRF this weekend, I generally only had a problem getting our cooler back out to the van.  Walking around the faire, I just did the Jack Sparrow wobbly walk thing to find a path with the least amount of deep mud.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

That was my first! We had so much mud on our clothes and boots.But not as much as some ,butts covered in mud. Just grateful none of us fell.BUT a great day at faire anyway.

Great to have met you Will Paisley.If you and wife go this weekend let me know so I can come over to meet her.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples