News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gasoline Availability

Started by crundel04, September 29, 2008, 07:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crundel04

We are planning a trip from Knoxville to the Faire for Opening Weekend but we are concerned about being able to get gas to get home.

What is the status of gas availability around the fair?  Any suggestions?  I have been counting the days for the opening and working like mad to finish my costume and would be terribly disappointed not to be able to attend but then again I don't what to be stranded in Charlotte either.

Help!

Thanks,

Annearundel

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

It has been a challenge here indeed.  I was able to procure some precious petrol in Mooresville last Thursday, 1 car wait.  I know others have not been as fortunate.  I have been filling up when I hit 1/2 tank as I was near empty a few weeks back and could find none till the following Monday.  If you are coming south on I-77 I recommend filling up before you hit Statesville, no later.  (I can't recall the route I took when I came home from TNRF.)
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Hibernian

News reports have western North Carolina in the mountains as having very low supplies. So have a full tank before you hit the other side of the mountains.

In theory, the Charlotte metro area (which includes Huntersville and the faire) should be better by the weekend but officials say it will be the middle of next week before we approach normal.

The gas is slowly flowing into Charlotte, this weekend the secret was just to get up early and get out to look. I managed to fill all a car each each day without waiting in line!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

AbleArcher

Quote from: Hibernian on September 29, 2008, 11:27:35 AM

In theory, the Charlotte metro area (which includes Huntersville and the faire) should be better by the weekend but officials say it will be the middle of next week before we approach normal.

They said that last week, before I left for the beach.  Check Charlotte.com to see what's doing on Friday night. They have been keeping a pretty good update (as well as instilling panic).

dreamer

It's still hit and miss around the Faire. Supposed to get better towrds the end of the week. We hope.

crundel04

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.  I think we are going to go ahead and make the trip and just make sure the gas tank never gets below a half.  I am so excited!!!!  I can't wait!!!!

Thanks again for all your  help.

Annearundel

The Cashions in Cornelius had gas today!   ;D

solaris

In the last three days we have had gas trucks wreck on three different roads.

FireFaerie

^Holy crap. That sucks... Did it happen because people were chasing them? I've heard of people following them around and stuff...

Hibernian

Supplies are getting better as they truck gasoline in from other areas. I have noticed gasoline has been available every day this week at the station near my office in Mooresville. Charlotte stations are still iffy with a lot of pumps still bagged.

The news reported that the pipeline was up and flowing at full capacity, but it would be next week before Charlotte stations are back to normal. It was also reported that our prices are running about 40 cents above the national average.

Wandering Rogue

We have gas way up here in Conover now. See everyone tomorrow!
Ale cures what ails you
A full tankard is a happy tankard

The Scotsquatch

Another ploy by the oil companies to steal our hard earned cash...lol!  The refineries were only down ONE DAY with Hurricane Kyle in Texas...no reason for a shortage or higher prices...but there you are...any excuse and any ploy to pick our pockets.

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

I was easily able to get regular unleaded this morro. 

Of course beins Mr. Bruton Smith is a rather smart business man, since his track is racin' this weekend bet he's been on the horn to all his oil buddies tellin' 'em they better get him some gas so he can get his racin' fans out here to fill up that track!   ::)

justsomeguytn

Any updates on this past weekend?  I going to be at the faire on the 18th and 19th.

Hibernian

Things are much better, you should be fine. Price is still higher than the rest of the country but at least you can get it.

Quiet One

We are getting ready to make the trek to my favorite southern shire in a few days.  What's the gas situation like down there now?  Should I fill up while we are still in Virginia or have the prices in the Huntersville area come down enough to be compareable?
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Malkavian

I don't recall what it's like in huntersville proper but leaving the fair i was seeing approximately the same as where I live on the southern skirt of meck. county, in the 2.19-2.30 range, maybe up as high as 2.40.

It's more like 2.09 - 2.19 although I filled up for 2.06 in Mooresville yesterday.

Hibernian

$2.05  in Mooresville today.

Quiet One

Thanks! That's not as bad as I thought it might be.  Only abaout .20 higher than here at home.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

Wandering Rogue

If you make it through the Gastonia area, I saw it for 1.95 just a few hours ago
Ale cures what ails you
A full tankard is a happy tankard

Dirtfarmer

For any of you going down 95 from the north this weekend.... $1.85 in the Fredericksburg area.