News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Looking for Interviewees!

Started by c_riley, September 29, 2008, 10:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_riley

Hello, everyone, my name is Catherine Riley.  I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place for this, but it seemed the most appropriate.  I'm a graduate student at Louisiana State University, and I'm currently doing research for a brief folklore study of garbing, costuming,  and character creation.  Unfortunately, I need interviews (approximately an hour each) with at least 2-3 people, and I do not want to disrupt you all at Renfest like that. 

That said, I wanted to know if there were any attendees in the Houston or southern Louisiana area willing to participate in these longer, recorded interviews.  I would like these to be as comfortable and as much at your convenience as possible.  For Louisiana folks, my schedule is fairly flexible, but I will be in Houston on October 17-19, and probably again the first week of November. 

If you're interested, please post a response or e-mail me (criley1@lsu.edu), and we'll work out the potential details. 

Thank you!