News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

On a happier note, what things did you get this season?

Started by TheFerret, September 30, 2008, 11:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Storm

I got a pair of boots from Son of Sandlar and a pouch from Renaissance Leather.

Gin got a Felix Needleworthy bodice and a bodice cooler.

We also got another set of wind chimes for our deck, and a couple pieces of artwork for our Renaissance room.

Rani Zemirah

Usually what I get at Faire is ideas... for garb, jewelry, accessories, etc. I'm on a pretty tight budget, so I make most of my goodies, but I love to see what other folks buy or make, then come up with my own version, incorporate bits into my own creations or spin off into an entirely new direction. Faire really gets my creativity flowing!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Goody

All I bought was a jingle bracelet. I ate more than usual. I usually wait til my Mom comes to fest and we eat our way thru but I tried a bunch of things I don't normally eat there. Hardly looked in shops this year as I spent most of my time in Fest Friends!

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

I got the boot dagger from Starfire I've been wanting.  Some artwork, soap, a huge mug/tankard, and a nice silver pendant from that place that makes them with the press thingy.  Felix next year.
It's always time for Chardonnay!

white trillium

I picked up a new belt, pouch, flask and earrings.  Kurt found a hat he liked, and we found a greenman piece for the fence out by the hot tub.  This was the first year we attended in garb and we were out there nearly every weekend.  I also saw quite a few things I would like to try and make over the winter. 

Oh and cds, we picked up a few cds.
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

Ethel

I have a new belt pouch, my shiny new Vilification Tennis mug, and a beautiful new necklace that Toni gave me.  And while I don't have it yet, Kevin Caufield is custom-making me an indoor fountain that he PROMISES to have by art crawl.  Huge splurge, but they are so pretty. :)

kayas

I *finally* got my Felix.
It only took me... you know, I've lost count of the years I was drooling at Felix's.
Two sarongs...  love love love them!
three actually, if you count the one PC bought me "for Xmas".

and a shiny new season pass for 2009.
  Can't wait for next year!
Tanya

SleepyArcher

Jenn got a FOP, new sandals, and a whole outfit from Felix.

the kids got necklaces and dragon eggs.

I got a pewter flask filler (thx Toar), two round glass flasks, a belt, two cheapo necklaces. And of course endless fun as a FOP
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

peggyelizabeth

Joe got a plaid brooch and I came home with a new gold filled silver ring to wear instead of my real wedding ring at fest.

I also got enough extra yummy treats to have to wear my "fat pants" to work today, but somehow, it was worth it.

Kiss-me-Kate

I bought a new felix bodice to replace the one that was too big.  (Yay!)  I also got new bloomers from felix too.  Man, he makes a killing off our group!

I also purchased my shiny dragonfly necklace, and my dragon's blood diffuser necklace. 
I also "picked up" a pair of skirt hikes from a certain sweet uncle.  I am "borrowing" them.  Ya, that's it.

The Dregs CD, D&D's CD and a pretty fairy ring.
Oh, and some pottery things for my Ren themed bathroom.

That is all I remember.  I spent way more than I planned.

Oh and MG, LOVE your new outfit.  It is gorgeous.
~ Notouchin' M'Crack
Pucker Up!

Random Girl

I got a musician...

No seriously that is all I got for myself besides food, alcohol, cigarettes and coffee...the four food groups...5 if you count the musician.
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

Killian

I got a dagger from Starfire, a black silk scarf, a glass Pegasus for a special someone, a not-leaking mug from Mug o' The Woods, and almost a dozen cigars from people who attended the Smoker but didn't want theirs :D

Not bad for one weekend!

Dannicus

I bought all the stuff the ended up making my first garb, including a new kilt pin and a gnarled up walking cane.
I met a few of the R/F crowd on Fest Friday. Took in my First ever, Final Day Vilification Tennis. Signed up for the smoker, got a call that my little one wasn't feeling well, had to leave. Missed final gate...again. Thanks for the pics DB....next year maybe, if I can make it back. Moving to Seattle at the end of the month.

Til we all meet again.
What we need in America is a renaissance. We need to go forward by going backward.   -Stanley Crouch

Escarlata

New grommets in my leather bodice (Thank You, Slugger!) It is actually wearable now.
Hugs from so many old friends just met, new friends just met, and old friends met again.
Marvelous backrubs outside the privies *chuckling* though I'm not sure, in some cases, who enjoyed it more.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

Sitara

Oh yeah- forgot this part.  The kids got George and I a dragon egg with 2 stands for an anniversary present.  They even haggled for it...they are good at that.
Beer wenches are the best wenches!