News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

PRF Invasion

Started by kilted one, September 30, 2008, 01:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilted one

Hail and well met my eastern friends.  Since our faire has closed for the season, some of the cast are looking forward to visiting some others.  I believe that we have around 5 or 6 from Morelandshire coming to visit on October 19th.  My wife and I, (the town seamstress and Lord High Mayor) have been to Maryland but no where else and the rest, (the butcher, the Keeper of the King's books sister, and the Baker's daughter) have never been anywhere before and are looking forward to visiting another faire.  We look forward to playing with the cast, but in no way want to interfere with or irritate anyone in the process.

So, the short of it, should there be any rules that we should be aware of and what should we definitely NOT MISS when we get there.

Lord High Mayor of Morelandshire
John Howard
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Scotsman

Not sure if you are interested but the MDRF crew invaded the week after our faire closes. 25/26 Oct - if you wanted to plan a joint invasion.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

kilted one

Dam, dam, dam (in case the kids are watching).  Unfortunately, I know our schedules won't match.  But I will look into it and plan anyway possible to see if that may work.  Thanks for the heads up, Scotsman.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

So Scotsman let me see if I have this right,everyones going to PRF on the 25/26? Do you know who all is going?I think Tish, Danielle and I shall join you all.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

McGuinness

Well, don't miss ME for one.

Joking. What types of shows and activities are you looking for? The microbrews at the pub are awesome, I try to sneak peeks at a select group of independents when I get a chance, and I always love the final joust and the Chess match.

As far as rules? Any weapons will be peacetied and bags checked when you arrive. No outside drinks. Don't get sloppy drunk and do something stupid like start a barfight. The basics, y'know.

Hope you all enjoy invading!

Master James

Well right now the plan is to be up there for Sunday only as the wife has to work Saturday of closing weekend.  We will however be there on Sunday and hope to get to play with the court this time as the wedding last time took up most of the time we had that we could play with you guys in the court.  See everyone there on Sunday!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Scotsman

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on September 30, 2008, 05:34:00 PM
So Scotsman let me see if I have this right,everyones going to PRF on the 25/26? Do you know who all is going?I think Tish, Danielle and I shall join you all.

Awesome ... traditionally we make this trip every year to console our PA neighbors as they close down their faire. Lady Guinness only goes to see Coyote Run! This is also the time that we shop til we drop for PA has some really nice deals for "ramp up" of next years faire season.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Dirtfarmer

Tell Sharon to take the day off!!!  I'll make my last trip up on that last weekend I think, once I secure a crash pad.  Sadly, I have only been able to go to faire a few times this fall which is odd.  I'm normally up at PARF 4 weekends and the same with MDRF, but only have gone 3 weekends total.  Dag Professional Geology test I have to take at the end of this week has kept me offline this year.... I hate it when my real life gets in the way of my other real life.

Master James

LOL yeah I already tried that Dirt but she wouldn't.  Just can't her priorities straight I guess.  ;)  But we are a go for being there on Sunday so hopefully we'll see you then.  Should have Barb and Pam in tow as well.
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lady Amy of York

My husband and i  and my  son will be at the faire for pirate weekend . October 11-12th. Not sure  which day yet.

Then my husband  and I  alone, will be going back down to Pennslyvannia  for our 10'th wedding anniversary  the weekend of Oct 24- 26.  Planning a second honeymoon.     Right now  we plan  on going to faire on closing Sunday  !   Unless the weather turns bad and  saturday ends up being the better of  the two days. But  right now  we are shooting for closing Sunday.
  So i hope to see you all there. Maybe we can  pop open  some glasses of wine and  drink to my 10'th anniversary  and  many more years  to come ! :)

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

SrEstebanLegaspi

I'll usually be around the grounds. I'm one of the few photogs you'll see hauling around a fairly large white lens on my Canon. I'll try to go in garb for the remainder of the season but that's all dependent on me being able to keep up with the laundry demands.

I still want to try to make the MDRF close again this year but it's the timing that's tricky. I'd like to take the wife and kiddies this time as well...

Kilted One: If you wish to prepare a bit for your visit I have a cast album on my gallery that you can peruse...

Anywho... We'll look forward to seeing you all around the shire!
SeƱor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on September 30, 2008, 05:34:00 PM

Lady Joyce Ann - Milord Prince Oswyn and myself will be at PARF on closing weekend as well - both days - although we may leave a bit early on Sunday because of the "back to work on Monday" thing. Please DO join us!

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

I know I'll be there on Sat,can't wait.OH! I'll see you this weekend at MDRF. HUZZAH.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on October 03, 2008, 06:10:08 PM
I know I'll be there on Sat,can't wait.OH! I'll see you this weekend at MDRF. HUZZAH.

Excellent! We are looking forward to it! See you tomorrow then  :)

will paisley

Quote from: kilted one on September 30, 2008, 01:48:23 PM
So, the short of it, should there be any rules that we should be aware of and what should we definitely NOT MISS when we get there.

Lord High Mayor of Morelandshire
John Howard

For comedy, I'd watch Looney Lucy and Ploppy.  I'll guarantee you've never seen anything as wild as that on stage before where the participants weren't arrested.  I also personally recommend anything Marshall Laww is in, which usually includes the Trial and Dunke and the Wench Auction.  Barely Balanced and the Tartan Terrors are great as well. 

As for rules and such, well, if your only faire experience before has been MDRF, be prepared for people to give you strange looks when you sing along with the performers at the Finale in Song.  PARF audiences tend to treat that show as a performance, whereas MDRFers are inclined to see it as a singalong.  Also, if you're still at faire when the Finale starts and you're not on your way to the show, security has been known to give you the choice of making your way to the show or the front gate. Good news is that PARF allows peace-tied weapons, and is a great place to shop for them.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally