News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Closing Weekend Tailgate

Started by Lady Guinness, September 30, 2008, 06:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dinkywench

I would like to thank everyone at the tailgate for welcoming my husband and me with open arms. It was a great time had by all! Now I just need to get over my Monday after closing blues...

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Dallan, How true.Yesterday was a great day. It's always so nice to see you and your family.I also just love the fact that my niece Danielle enjoys going to faire with me everyday.Have a great winter and we'll see you at VARF in the spring. :(
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady de la Warr

It was most wonderful to see everyone this past weekend! We so enjoyed the company of all our fine friends! And we are really glad all the visiting shirefolk from the northerly shires could join us for our closing festivities! It is always such a pleasure to see you all!

A hearty thanks to Lady Guinness and Scotsman for hosting a most memorable tailgate! As usual the food was remarkable, the drink was flowing and the company was splendid!  :)

Ranna

I'm so sorry we missed the tailgate.  My husband and I arranged to the kids to spend the night and the grandparents the night before just so we could get up early and head out - only the alarm clock failed to go off at 7, and instead we woke up at 9.  Bummer. :(

Next year we'll be there for sure!
"The lasses have got to respect a man who can blow, finger and squeeze all at the same time." - Anonymous bagpipe player

Steev

Thank you all for a wonderful tailgate party!  It was great to meet many of you, we hope to meet more of you at other events.  It was also great to see several of you as we wandered the faire.  The experience gets richer the more familiar it becomes!  Thanks to Scotsman and Lady Guinness for the kind host(ess)ing, hope to keep in touch with some of you during the bleak midwinter until VARF.  Three stand-out notes:  Is not Hilby the coolest thing in the world? Was not the last joust astonishing?  2 knights knocked off their horses and one dragged by his stirrup the length of the field!  Last, was anyone present at the Wolgemut performances where some punk local walked by heckling and boo-ing?  I wondered if it would be appropriate behavior to go and break a head or if that would be frowned upon...  For what it's worth if any of the performers from Wolgemut stumble upon this, we saw two of your performances on Sunday and thought they were wonderful.  Please come back next year!

Regards to you all and keep in touch!

S
Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

Lady Guinness

Thank you all for the kind words. It is hard to believe that faire has come and gone. So much has transpired throughout this faire season. Some very happy memories and some very sad ones as well. With each I will hold all my faire friends/family close to my heart. There is truly no one like a faire person...we are a special group of people.

Thank you everyone for sharing tailgate with us. The food/beverages that everyone brought was just awesome.
Dallan thanks for sharing the "recipe"  ::) it was warming for such a chilly morning.
Annalise and everyone who brought such yummy  desserts thank you (boy I really need to expand my gym time)
Thank you all for the pleasure of your company....I cannot wait till next time... ;D

April

It was great getting to meet everyone!  I miss you all already.  :'(  It was such a warm welcome that I felt like I was greeting old friends instead of new ones! 
You're right, Lady Guinness, there is no one quite like ren folk...  I hope to see you all soon.
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Scotsman

There was a tailgate? When? Where?
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

jmkhalfmoon

Quote from: Steev on October 20, 2008, 07:39:30 PM
Thank you all for a wonderful tailgate party!  It was great to meet many of you, we hope to meet more of you at other events.  It was also great to see several of you as we wandered the faire.  The experience gets richer the more familiar it becomes!  Thanks to Scotsman and Lady Guinness for the kind host(ess)ing, hope to keep in touch with some of you during the bleak midwinter until VARF.  Three stand-out notes:  Is not Hilby the coolest thing in the world? Was not the last joust astonishing?  2 knights knocked off their horses and one dragged by his stirrup the length of the field!  Last, was anyone present at the Wolgemut performances where some punk local walked by heckling and boo-ing?  I wondered if it would be appropriate behavior to go and break a head or if that would be frowned upon...  For what it's worth if any of the performers from Wolgemut stumble upon this, we saw two of your performances on Sunday and thought they were wonderful.  Please come back next year!

Regards to you all and keep in touch!

S

We caught their two earlier shows and didn't notice a heckler....was it a later show?  Bashing booers...could be a fun sport.  We love Wolgemut too and can't wait to see them again next year.

April

Quote from: Scotsman on October 21, 2008, 06:27:49 AM

Oh, I'm sorry,  you must have been busy drinking mimosas and missed it... hahaha!
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Amras Elfwine

Quote from: Scotsman on October 21, 2008, 06:27:49 AM

Ixnay on alkingtay about the ailgate-tay around otsmanScay!!  8)
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel