News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Oct 4-5 2008 MDRF

Started by Amras Elfwine, October 01, 2008, 08:10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

max and kate

Didn't see any R/F pins today and we did go to the White Hart and Dragon Inn, will try again tomorrow.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lady_Glorianna

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on October 04, 2008, 04:18:19 PM
Just in from a very packed faire day...M'Lady, it was a joy and pleasure to Hug Ron's neck and share time with him today! I sense a peace about him that made the beautiful day even better, and we shared smiles together!

Love!

Amras and all who made a point to say hello. Words cannot describe the gratitude for your kindness of taking the time to come and say hello. Ron was overwhelmed and certainly felt all your love and concern. Many thanks to all! :-*
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Amras Elfwine

Max and Kate...had muh pin on, but it was so darned crowded today, it was hard to see who all was there by any of the pubs...in my case, always look for the kilted plushy squirrel with the blue ribbon...

Gypsylakat, will you be there again? Sorry to have missed you.

Love ya, Gloriana!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

will paisley

Quote from: max and kate on October 04, 2008, 08:25:13 PM
Didn't see any R/F pins today and we did go to the White Hart and Dragon Inn, will try again tomorrow.

Today was kind of hectic, what with a meet & greet, several wenchings, a wench slide (which His Majesty somehow managed to find out about and attend), a roguing and the 3PM O'Danny Girls set moved all the way to the Gatehouse Stage (and then the Moose Song was cancelled because that stage is normally for kiddie shows - Didi spend the first half of the act warning families who showed up for The Sword In The Stone to keep their children away from their act unless they wanted to hurt them).  Aside from guarding at the wench walk tomorrow at 1PM at the White Hart, I have no idea where I'll be when throughout the day. 
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

gypsylakat

probably not... :( maybe maybe maybe some friends are talking about going next weekend, but probably not, i have a classmate who said they might try and go again this season, if i find she's going again i might...

I was the fairy with the white "floofy" dress, black bodice, and monarch wings... usually accompanied by a (regretfully) ungarbed gentleman... (he refuses...) when I'm with him, I can't go into the pub acts because he's allergic to ciggarette smoke... :( but i love him!
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Oh darn it Gypsylakat was so hoping to meet you Sat.,but it was awful crowded.Please let us know the next time you can make it.

Max and Kate it was indeed a pleasure to meet you both today, hope to see you again. ;)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

gypsylakat

yeah it probably would have made... parts... of my day a bit better, Loverboy and I have been having minor issues... all of them small, but they compile onto each other... He probably won't go if I can make it next weekend, not definite, but a maybe.

Lady de la Warr

Max and Kate - I was there on Saturday and had my R/F pin on too. It was on my favor sash hanging from my belt - I was in a bright cobalt blue royal gown dripping with pearls and gold trim and was wearing a white silk veil with a coronet. But it WAS awful crowded - it's no wonder you had trouble finding us!

I hope to meet you next time you join us at MD!  :)

gypsylakat

WE should totally have a MD pictorial, like the week before you're going to faire, if you know what you're going to wear (if you have already made what you are going to wear, as is usually NOT the case with me) one could post their picture for the noobies who are coming!

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on October 05, 2008, 08:44:27 PM
Max and Kate - I was there on Saturday and had my R/F pin on too. It was on my favor sash hanging from my belt - I was in a bright cobalt blue royal gown dripping with pearls and gold trim and was wearing a white silk veil with a coronet. But it WAS awful crowded - it's no wonder you had trouble finding us!

Your Grace would that royal blue gown with the pearls and gold trim and the white veil you wore to MDRF happen to be the same gown and veil that you wore for your wedding at PARF?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Scotsman

We met ... we met! We enjoyed the little time we spent with you ... we will make time next weekend to take you guys around and introduce you to more folks. A true pleasure.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady_Glorianna on October 04, 2008, 08:33:34 PM
Quote from: Amras Elfwine on October 04, 2008, 04:18:19 PM
Just in from a very packed faire day...M'Lady, it was a joy and pleasure to Hug Ron's neck and share time with him today! I sense a peace about him that made the beautiful day even better, and we shared smiles together!
Love!
Amras and all who made a point to say hello. Words cannot describe the gratitude for your kindness of taking the time to come and say hello. Ron was overwhelmed and certainly felt all your love and concern. Many thanks to all! :-*

Thank you lass for bringing Ron out to spend time with us ... it was truly good seeing him again!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

max and kate

Quote from: Scotsman on October 06, 2008, 06:18:14 AM

We met ... we met! We enjoyed the little time we spent with you ... we will make time next weekend to take you guys around and introduce you to more folks. A true pleasure.
Yes, it was a pleasure meet everyone, we had a great time and we are looking forward to next weekend, see you soon.
Brethren of the Great Lakes
Outlanders
Castleteers
Irish Penny Brigade
M'Cracks

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: lordwriothsley on October 05, 2008, 09:20:57 PM

Your Grace would that royal blue gown with the pearls and gold trim and the white veil you wore to MDRF happen to be the same gown and veil that you wore for your wedding at PARF?

Indeed it would Milord  ;)

And yes - Lady Glorianna, it was wonderful to see Ron and talk with him a bit. We didn't stay with him long - just long enough to say hello and chat a bit. We didn't want to tire him and we knew there would be many others after us. I will keep him in my prayers  :)

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Lady de la Warr on October 06, 2008, 08:51:24 PM
Quote from: lordwriothsley on October 05, 2008, 09:20:57 PM

Well then no doubt in my mind your grace that you were the most loveliest l
Indeed it would Milord  ;)

And yes - Lady Glorianna, it was wonderful to see Ron and talk with him a bit. We didn't stay with him long - just long enough to say hello and chat a bit. We didn't want to tire him and we knew there would be many others after us. I will keep him in my prayers  :)
Well then your grace there was no doubt in my mind that you my good queen were the prettiest lady of the bunch in such a lovely gown and vail that you graced the shire of Revel Grove with. ;D  :)  ;)
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"