News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Samhain

Started by Professor M, October 02, 2008, 02:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kip

I plan on comming down

anne of oaktower

Save a couple of seats for us, as well  ;D
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

kilted one

Quote from: April on October 02, 2008, 05:27:46 PM
Cool... I think I can go too!  I don't know if I can come in costume because I can't do up my corset on my own...

Ooh, ooh I can help!!!!  Damn, I can't get out of my Ren Persona.
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

April

Quote from: kilted one on October 09, 2008, 09:54:59 PM
Quote from: April on October 02, 2008, 05:27:46 PM
Cool... I think I can go too!  I don't know if I can come in costume because I can't do up my corset on my own...

Ooh, ooh I can help!!!!  Damn, I can't get out of my Ren Persona.

Hahaha! Yay! I love volunteers!
I've been excited all week!  I can't wait til Sunday!
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Professor M

I'm getting excited for Samhain now.  I've had a long, tedious week, but Sunday will be pure fun!  I'm putting the finishing touches on my act, polishing the crystal ball, working on a more medieval look for my garb.  I can't wait to see you all there!
"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

Lady Alchemy

I am also getting excited for Sunday ;D !  I just have to figure out if I should go with Red or Blue for my clothing.  Kilted One has already decided to go with a Kilt...bet you were surprised to hear that ::).  I can't wait to see all my friends again.
I LOVE  You Marcus!!!!!

Countess Westmorland

Me too!!!!
I am sewing madly here trying to finish Terry's new coat and my red chemise.  I am wearing a Royal Stewart kirtle (Thanks, Sadira!).  I talked to him a couple of times over the weekend and he is having a great time in Tonawanda.  He says the place he is playing is beautiful and the crowd is great.  We hope to be there about 4.  
Jan
A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

kilted one

It was wonderful seeing everyone last night.  We have to do it more often.  Oh, I don't know, maybe the 23rd :D
....Because it was stapled to the elephant!!!   Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Professor M

Quote from: kilted one on October 13, 2008, 08:34:15 AM
It was wonderful seeing everyone last night.  We have to do it more often.  Oh, I don't know, maybe the 23rd????
Whatever you say, your majesty.

Seriously, I thought it was so darned cool that you and Heather were made the King and Queen for this year!  You two are a perfect choice.  It's great to see you get that kind of recognition. Slainte!
~ C.S. Lewis

jayadancer

That was way-crazy-heaps o' fun. I'm not above making up totally new holidays so we can do that again every few weeks!
~The Mystic Deliria, The Madness Amorous~

Countess Westmorland

What a great night!  It was so much fun seeing everyone again.  
The Sisters of Ameritat opened more than a few eyes and they showed us that one can indeed wear a kilt and belly dancing garb.  Everyone enjoyed the dancing.  
I had people I know from the crowd coming up to me and saying they also enjoyed us doing Health to the Company and how we all knew the words and clinked glassers with everyone.  
Congrats to Kilted One and Lady Alchemy for being selected as King and Queen for the year.  
Congrats to our very own Kip for coming in second place at the costume contest and our Sisters of Ameritat for coming in third.
And, Professor, you always manage to freak me out but seeing you up on the stage doing it this time was fantastic.  I know they would have loved to see more of you.  

But, most of all, Thank all of you for helping support Echoes of Erin. That is her main fundraiser and it keeps her radio show on the air.  And, also, we made a lot of converts to the Ren Faire and I talked to several people who saw us having so much fun and are coming next year to the Faire, so we also get a lot of PR in for it.  In fact, one couple has decided to come in garb next year.  

For those of youwho couldn't make it, we missed you.  The Rennies filled the place.  We had 2 long tables.  For this event, they put all of the tables in the middle together to form 3 room length tables.  We certainly had  apresence!

Thanks to all of you.  Diane came over and told Terry how thrilled she was that all of you came.  She is already planning next year's Samhain.  We have a debriefing meeting in 2 weeks and will talk over plans then.
Jan

A little song, a little dance, a little rum down your pants!

Kip

I had a blast!!!!!!!!! Frist let me tell everyone Im not sure how it happend. But yeah I got one up on the belly dancers. They got thrid and I got second. It was a long fought battle for the contest. I tip my hat to you M. Nice act how did you do that? The 100 dallor bill alsome. The new king almost won. So king what where you thinking after the fact? The food was alsome and good. There was one person that didn't were his kilt. shame shame we all know his name. Oh yeah I won a bottle of wine, a year supply news paper, and a cd. Thank you all for the good time last night.

April

Quote from: kilted one on October 13, 2008, 08:34:15 AM
It was wonderful seeing everyone last night.  We have to do it more often.  Oh, I don't know, maybe the 23rd :D

Last night was awesome!  It was great seeing everyone. Congratulations to the new King and Queen of Samhain, Kip, and the Sister's!  The Rennies certainly did take over the place!  Hahaha! 

Professor M, I don't know how you do it, but that was amazing!

And Terry, the music was excellent as usual!  It was fun singing the songs of faire again.

I plan on being there for the 23rd!
God bless ye all!  Can anyone tell me why the Drambuie is gone again?

Professor M

Wonderful pictures, Ralf.  I confess I didn't recognize you outside of faire.  Now I know what it's like when people say that about me.
~ C.S. Lewis