News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Anyone Want To Work For Us At North Carolina?

Started by The Scotsquatch, October 03, 2008, 09:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Scotsquatch

We are looking for an energetic person who likes to laugh and have fun to hawk for us, and maybe to break us!!!

Your job will be to stand by the road and pelt people with marshmallows from our catapults!!!  And then point over to our tent.

You have to be bubbly and bouncy, smile a lot, and want to fling projectiles at people...lol!!!

Call us if interested.  We need someone right away!

Kev and Patti

Siege The Day

(407)473-7297
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

The Scotsquatch

Come on people!!!  You only have to work 4 hours!

12-4...that's it!

10 bucks an hour, AND you get a free pass to renfaire!!!

Play until noon, shoot people with marshmallows for 4 hours...then play some more!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

Zaubon

Hi Kevin and Patti!
Are you willing to throw in airfare too? I'd love to see you two again..... ;D

Feline Groovy

Quote from: The Scotsquatch on October 03, 2008, 09:23:38 AM
You have to be bubbly and bouncy, smile a lot, and want to fling projectiles at people...lol!!!

My dream job!  But the commute, alas......      :-/
Where was I going and how do I get there?

AbleArcher

Can't.  I'm working with the Aerial Chocolate Bombardiers...perhaps you all could come to an agreement with them, and we can coat the peasants with chocolatey-mallow goodness  ;D

Actually, the combination would liekly gum up my camera.  I'll be sure to stop by and shoot your booth though.  Mallow-pults sounds like a neat item!

The Scotsquatch

LOL AbleArcher!!!

They shoot more than marshmallows!!!

We use marshmallows at faire because they are safe and soft...but they work great with pet treats, anything in your desk at work, anything you work WITH to annoy your co-workers with, paper balls in the classroom, and they are GUARANTEED to make Thanksgiving dinner more interesting this year...lmao!!!

Kev
Kev and Patti
Siege The Day!!!
Obside Diem!!!

Raibeart OShea

Super Cool.  My wife, son and I were all three 'pelted' by marshmallows.  Too many people walked by without even realizing that they had been pummelled by a marshmallow.  Edible balistae FTW LOL!!  Actually, I'm guessing that my son would love to 'peg' a few 'playtrons' with a mallow or two...  We've all three got season passes, but the opportunity to make a 'bit 'o the kings gold' might be really attractive to him.  If the offer is still open, I'll speak to him after school and maybe we can work something out?

Happy Pummelling!
Raibeart
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea
HomeFaire: CRF
Attended: NCRF 09, GARF 09, 10
Plans to attend: Them ALL.

Vincenzo

I might have a few crew for you on the 25th - if the offer stands.  Let me know.
Audaces - Fortuna - Voluptas

Raibeart OShea

The catapult.  Best weapon to purchase at the faire, no doubt!!!  After dodging balistae for three weekends, I absolutely had to have one.  Go figure that it would be on the 'beer tasting' weekend.  Needless to say that I'd be taking 'pot shots' at anyone who looked fun.

In my drunken revelry, I'd even taken sight on our King! (Gasp!)  Imagine my surprise when, as my marshmallow projectile sped toward it's target, the King pulls a Medieval NEO on me!  Deftly dodging the mallow with a most dexterous rearward lean and spin (looked slo-mo to me and my friends!), my projectile fell to earth, spent. 

The King, I must say, could have had me flogged for my impertinence, but being the beer tasting weekend, he may have also been in his cups.  Either that or his Grace is VERY understanding.  He laughed with us, we toasted him and he came over to pose for a quick pic:
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea

Femme Falchion

great picture Raibeart....hope to run into you and your family before close.... :)
Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires

Raibeart OShea

Well...it's a picture anyway.  Nowhere near the quality you'll see from AbleArcher or any of the other pros.  But...it's a pic.  We use a small camera, I think made by Heffing Mfg, the Professional OS series...but we just call it the 'Heffing P.O.S.'.
Latha math dhuibh.
Raibeart O'Shea