News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Winter Diversions?

Started by Craigmeister, October 03, 2008, 11:49:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Var Greyshadow

Quote from: DonaCatalina on October 21, 2008, 02:16:40 PM
Quote from: Var Greyshadow on October 21, 2008, 12:12:27 PM
and the Houston Rodeo (Lawrence goes to the cook-off looking like a ringer for Doc Holliday from "Tombstone").

Now that I would pay money to see!  :D

You don't have to pay!  Here we are at my boat club's wild west theme Poker Run:

I wear the same outfit for Dickens, but with a hoop skirt.
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Mairte

Posting and reading the posts here, reading books, renn themed music and movies, planning what I am going to wear to the festivals in the upcoming year..

Craigmeister

All good suggestions.  Fortunately, I now have a website I can work on too.  If anyone wants to visit, see my Renfaire pix, interviews & links at www.meistersrealm.com

Have a Merry Christmas & fast winter!
Providing faire information for over 10 years (updated monthly).  Visit www.meistersrealm.com to find all the Renaissance & Celtic-type Festivals in North America.  There's much more to see and do in 'The Realm' as well.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Now that Steve & I have "corrupted" other friends from Galena into becoming addicted to faire, we've had a couple of dinners at each others' homes.  We wear garb, eat semi-faire food (last time was bangers & mash) & listen to our faire CDs.

We take out the photo albums from the past faires & look through them & laugh & have fun remembering the great times we had.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

iain robb

My winter diversion has been sewing.

In the past couple of weeks I've made a fleece Inverness cape for my wife, a fleece hat for me, and the first part of a new Scottish ensemble, a shirt. (Figured I'd start with the easy one.) OK, that's almost done. I still need to add buttons and buttonholes on the cuffs.

Next up is a kilt, a great plaid and two Highlander vests to go with the outfit, one warm and one fancy.

Delireus

I'm tagging along to my first con ever (anime themed) just for an excuse to wear my new garb before next season :P I was kind of down because I'd have to wait almost a year to go to my next faire until I found out there's one near me in April! Very excited for that :)

I use this time to build up my garb as well, though then I want to wear it but can't for months, hah!
- Shanon (with just 1 N)

Home is where
the faire is

DonaCatalina

Right now its sewing since a lot of the last 2 weeks was random days of ice and snow that trapped us in the house. I made a double and slops for his lordship and for myself I reworked a dress. I still have some details to finish with the skirt.
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess