News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Trouble posting Pictures? Ask here.

Started by renfairephotog, May 13, 2008, 10:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

Thanks for the tutorial FaeGuardian. With the move we haven't had time to write one yet.

Edit. See this thread for a tutorial on posting pic to this forum.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Mistress Charlotte

Awesome!  Thanks for the tutorial!... Now Renfairphotographer.........Tell us how you got your photo to show up in your profile.  I've been unsuccessful so far.
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

DeadBishop

Yep, pretty much beat me to the punch.  I had a great tutorial on the old site.... :'(

R/F.com member since 2003

FaeGuardian

Before I was laid off I frequently had to provide step by step instructions for customers to use some difficult software. As a result I have a habit of giving long replies to simple questions.

kirk

I've also been unsuccessful in getting my pic to show up in my profile. What's the secret?

DeadBishop

Quote from: kirk on May 17, 2008, 01:18:12 AM
I've also been unsuccessful in getting my pic to show up in my profile. What's the secret?

THe secret is it's not possible to have a picture in your profile.  Just one of the differences between this new forum and the original.

Master James

Quote from: Deadbishop on May 17, 2008, 09:33:14 PM
Quote from: kirk on May 17, 2008, 01:18:12 AM

THe secret is it's not possible to have a picture in your profile.  Just one of the differences between this new forum and the original.

OK so then how did you get the R/F shield to show up under you user name?
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Lairde Guardn

You can put the IMG Code for the picture in your Signature box and that worked for me
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

Tipsy Gypsy

OK so then how did you get the R/F shield to show up under you user name?

He's the admin  ;D
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

DeadBishop

Quote from: Lairde Guardn MCrack on May 20, 2008, 07:15:16 PM
You can put the IMG Code for the picture in your Signature box and that worked for me

Actually, according to the forum guidelines, we're not allowing pictures/images/graphics/links in the signature thread.  With the next update there won't be a signature thread anyway, so it would be a futile effort anyway.

Lairde Guardn

Sorry DB......when I read the guidelines I did interpret that rule to exclude a personal pic...did not mean to break the rule.
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt

DeadBishop

Quote from: Lairde Guardn MCrack on May 21, 2008, 11:33:47 AM
Sorry DB......when I read the guidelines I did interpret that rule to exclude a personal pic...did not mean to break the rule.

No worries.  We're working on a solution, just so you know!

Random Girl

Quote from: Deadbishop on May 20, 2008, 10:46:51 PM
With the next update there won't be a signature thread anyway, so it would be a futile effort anyway.

Awe but I like the signature line.

~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

DuCoeur

Still having trouble posting a pic for my profile.

I don't have Photobucket but use Myspace and Renspace.  It worked on the old site but when I paste the URL the image doesn't show.  Any suggestions..other then Photobucket (its not that MAC friendly)
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

DeadBishop

I know that the site is finicky if you're using a photo from MySpace.  If you don't use the correct image URL, or if your account is set to private, it won't show.