News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Trouble posting Pictures? Ask here.

Started by renfairephotog, May 13, 2008, 10:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuCoeur

So what I have to open a photobucket account to up load pics?  Photobucket is not that MAC friendly.

And I did try posting the URL as instructed, and it still did not take.  No my acct. is not set to private.  Any other suggestions???
I would rather endure a thousand biblical hells then live a life of perpetual inconsequence.

willin

Quote from: DuCoeur on June 12, 2008, 07:49:11 PM
So what I have to open a photobucket account to up load pics?  Photobucket is not that MAC friendly.

And I did try posting the URL as instructed, and it still did not take.  No my acct. is not set to private.  Any other suggestions???

the photo host doesn't have to be "Photobucket"

i inquired with a MAC user friend and  www.flickr.com  was suggested
GOT FEET ?

DeadBishop

Quote from: DuCoeur on June 12, 2008, 07:49:11 PM

I think there must be something wrong with the MySpace link you're using.  I tried loading the URL in a separate browser window, and all it does is take me to MySpace's home page.

R/F.com member since 2003

Anna Iram

What's the trick to posting an avatar pic without having it distort? I lived with my last pic out of sheer laziness, but I'd really like to learn how to resize it properly. Thanks.

NoBill Lurker

When you go to crop or re size your picture it has to be a perfect square or it will distort. ;D
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Anna Iram

Thanks Bill.... I figured that part already....

My point is how do you do that without it distorting? All of my picts are rectangular. Is there an edit button that smart resizes it?

Is this a really dumb question?

NoBill Lurker

What are you using to resize your pics?
Because if all your pics are rectangles, your going to have to somehow crop your pics into a perfect square, with some kind of editing software possibly.
If it's not a perfect square you'll get distortion.
As far as an "edit button" goes I don't think the site itself has any thing like that...

And no it's not a dumb question, just a little hard to explain, it took me a little while to figure this out myself! ;D
I'm going to BARF!!!

Duckie84

ok so i'm doing everything the tutorial said.

i go to the website (picasa listed pictures) and get the direct link and put it in between the img and nothing???

what am i doing wrong?
What does the color blue taste like?

NoBill Lurker

When you go to Picasa, just right click on the picture and " Copy Image Location " and paste that between the img] and [/img.

Hope that helps.  ;D
I'm going to BARF!!!

renfairephotog

what does the code the give you look like? post it here and we can figure it out.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Duckie84

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/ZLQ1zJOWhZ3qQ_a0srcIQQ?feat=directlink is what is given

the "copy image location" worked thank you NoBill Lurker
What does the color blue taste like?

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

NoBill Lurker

I'm going to BARF!!!

Damien Ryan

I still can not figure out how to get my forum avatar to work...and have fiddled for like an hour...help!

switch

Quote from: Damien Ryan on August 10, 2009, 01:14:08 PM
I still can not figure out how to get my forum avatar to work...and have fiddled for like an hour...help!

1.  Click on your name, just to the left of your post.
2.  It brings up your profile, on the left side you'll see a sub-topic Modify Profile
3.  Under Modify Profile click Forum Profile Information
4.  Once in your profile information, in the middle of the screen, you'll see Profile
5.  Under Profile you'll see I have my own pic
6.  Click on the dot to select that you do have your own pic
7. *****You'll have to upload a picture to Photobucket http://photobucket.com/or Imageshack http://imageshack.us/ or another hosting site.  I don't think this forum has a reservior to host pictures.
8.  Once you upload your picture to one of the sites above, find the URL that links directly to the picture file, for example it will read something like this...(www.imageshack.net/blah-blah/blah/mypic.jpg) 
9.  Copy and paste the entire URL into your profile screen where it says I have my own pic
10. Page down to the bottom of the screen, click the button Change Profile , it may prompt you for your Current Password, if so enter it and click Change Profile again.
11.  Dance a dance of victory!
Movie buff extraordinaire!