News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Those Who Sew For Others

Started by gypsylakat, October 14, 2008, 12:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gypsylakat

Where the heck is that thread? I thought we had a thread for listing those who sew for others....

My best friend found this dress, but they make it overseas in England, annd their not Made To Order, they're off the rack...

http://www.gd-costumes.co.uk/fleur.htm

that's the one she really likes... We're looking for folks to talk to about making it...

-GypsyLaKat
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Lorraine

I think it was lost when the new forums were created. The website you linked shows they make the pieces "made to measure" for about $100 extra each piece. If you were looking to have it custom made I don't remember anyone on here that does victorian style corsets which is what the one in the picture is.

gypsylakat

She'd be fine with an elizabethan style as well, we just figured it up for having it custom done and shipped over seas by her we might as well find someone in the states that might even be close enough to meet with for a final fitting...
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Lorraine

A sleeveless elizabethan bodice out of that red dupioni would be fairly easy to have made, the only problem would be the embroidery. My machine only does designs up to about 7" and the machines that do the large pieces run up past $5k so most seamstresses probably don't have access to them.

Kate XXXXXX

There are embroiderers that us seamstresses can send out such work to...

Lorraine

I only looked into it once before and their prices scared me >.<

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The embroidery on the Victorian styled corset is done with a professional machine that do run into the big bucks. Which is why I am going to be saving for one.

I have done Victorian styled corsets for clients in the past. Though Tudor/Elizabethan period is my specialty.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde