News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Staying Cool...

Started by Adriana Rose, June 24, 2008, 01:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowgrrl

Quote from: Aislynn on July 04, 2008, 01:56:59 PM
You can bring in sealed water bottles, but no gatorade or colored drinks.

Can you bring in refillable/reuseable bottles?  The kids have these Funtainers from Thermos that are great at keeping water & such cold.  I'd prefer they carry those & we refill them from our bottles as opposed to lots of water bottles.  TIA!

Bahlien

Yes, you can bring what ever you like as a drinking vessel or container. It's a cost effective way to stay hydrated. $2.25 for a bottle of water is nuts. Stop by Sam's Club on the way down and grab a full case for $5. 
"Always with the negative waves, Always with the negative waves. Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful."

Al-Nimer

Quote from: Aislynn on July 04, 2008, 01:56:59 PM
You can bring in sealed water bottles, but no gatorade or colored drinks.
Thanks!  We'll have plenty of bottles in a cooler in the van, and we have a cold bag that holds 3, plus whatever will fit in the gypsy wings bag.  We also have our own "special water coloring" to mix in.

I can't believe you don't have any fountains...Do you even have running water in the privies?  ;)
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Mistress Charlotte

Yes.... running water in the privies.  But I'm not sure I would drink it.  I not sure.... but I don't think the water is potable...
Cause, "Cake or death?" That's a pretty easy question.
Anyone could answer that.
"Cake or death?"
"Eh, cake please."

Tanda

As far as I know, the privy water is safe to drink, but many people think it tastes funny.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Zoë

Personally I would be cautious of any running water on site as far as drinking goes.  We did have some contaminants in the wells a few years back and though I'm sure it's cleared up now, I'm still wary of it. 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy