News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Invasion Weekend 2008

Started by Hibernian, May 12, 2008, 12:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hibernian

While you'll find friends (old and new) and neighbors at CRF every weekend, the weekend of November 15th and 16th, 2008 is the one to mark on your calendar.

All R/F friends are invited to join Clan M'Crack (local Chapters O'Neill & Patrick are the hosts) as it gathers for its annual visit to CRF.

Details will be posted later but you can expect a Friday night gathering at a local establishment serving food and adult beverages (last year we took over the bar at the Galway Hooker); tailgating before opening call on Saturday and Sunday (special of the day are Mimosas); and plenty of great company and an excellent time!  :D

Clan M'Crack: http://www.hubsecurity.com/mcrack/phpBB2/portal.php
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

YEAH!!!  I assure thee Brother Hibernian the Galway Hooker is always quite pleased to have us take them over for a night or two!  They have given me notice they do prefer ladies in garb, well and the guys too however they really like the ladies in garb!   ::) 

Lady M aka Strok'n M'Crack
Supreme Duchess of Flirting
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Hibernian

While visiting with the friends and family during NCRF, the overall comments were quite good about the Galway Hooker. I realize its early, quite early in fact, yet I'm hoping since you reside in that area you would be willing to take point as it were on the Galway Hooker for 2008. Same routine as last year, we might try and see if they could have a special R/F drink special for the evening, we can talk more over Memorial Day in Tenn.

Sounds good Hibernian.  In fact I have been in since, Kelly the manager makes a point to converse with my table and guests several times throughout the night.  I assured him we would return and he was quite pleased.  I am certain we can get a drynk special, see you soon.

Ice Mage

Huzzah!!!!!  We will try to make it!
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

Tim T

Lady Jai and I will be there if at all possible.  She fell in love with CRF last year, and can't wait to get back!
Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Hibernian

It would be great to see both our friends from the Carolina Piedmont and that fine Commonwealth of Virginia. So mark the calendars now, save those sick days, and bribe the approver of vacation time at work. The local RFers and M'Cracks plan to make CRF a must visit in the Fall.

Scotsman

As you maybe well aware - Lady Guinness and I will be there ... first round is on .... the bar!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Scotsman

Okay, just booked the rooms ... ready to go!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Master James

No rooms booked yet but you better believe m'lady and I will be there!  Wouldn't miss it!  Already on the calendar!
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Yeah!!!  The plans are in the works...I have a feeling I shall be hostessing many that weekend! 

Hibernian

I suspect we'll have to up the bottles of champagne and orange juice for the morning tailgates.

We'll start the official attendance thread once we get closer to the date.  In the meantime everyone should follow the M'Crack lead and circle that date on the calendar NOW! It will be a glorious weekend... :D

susannah

Good day to the CRF clan! I'm a Georgia lass who will be visiting your faire in the fall...not sure if invasion weekend will work, but I'll keep you posted! Just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to meeting you all!
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer

Susannah please renmail me if you need a place for your family to stay, I'd be happy to host you!

susannah

Thanks for your gracious offer, Lady M!! It warmed my heart!!! I'll keep you posted if our trip doesn't work with my brother's schedule (we've been meaning to see his new house and he's in Huntersville). Thanks again!!  :)
Susannah
Wench Raised in the South/ Loki Musketeer