News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Invasion Weekend 2008

Started by Hibernian, May 12, 2008, 12:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice Mage

Huzzah!!! a mini Rendevoux.  Since we could not make it to TN, we are seriously lookinf forward to CRF!
You don't have to be a great man.  Just be a man, and let history make it's judgements.

Hibernian

Your cup awaits you at the tailgate!

There was a great turnout last year and I suspect we may break through that number this year. I'll start posting details toward the end of summer. Last year there were board members at every week, but the final weekend which is also the Clan M'Crack Invasion is THE weekend to be at CRF.

Mark your calendar today and we'll see the two of you this fall.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Scotsman

M'Crack weekend indeed! We had so much fun last year that we forgot half of it  ;D
To the pub my friends ... to the pub!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady de la Warr

Sir Oswyn and myself are tentatively on the attendance list and we've penciled in CRF for M'Crack weekend!

We'll know schedules better later in the year but if there's any way possible we'll be there!

Lady Tess

Quote from: Hibernian on May 31, 2008, 10:58:21 PM

When did you all do a tailgate last year?

Lady de la Warr

Quote from: Lady Tess on June 07, 2008, 03:07:53 PM
Quote from: Hibernian on May 31, 2008, 10:58:21 PM

When did you all do a tailgate last year?

Last weekend, both days, in the morning before faire.

Lady Tess

What time in the morning? I was there both mornings, but I guess I did not know about this. I might've been the youngest one there, but it woulda been nice to meet people.

Lady de la Warr

I seem to remember festivities started around 8 or 8:30 am.

And unless you are 5 you wouldn't have been the youngest one there! LOL   :)

Lady Tess

Oh, I was never there that early. What did you all do until the faire opened? Play games? Bring food?

I might come to it this year..

Hibernian

Lady de la Warr remembers well, my white truck entered the front parking lot between 8 and 8:30, early enough so that I was in the first row of the season ticker/VIP/handicapped parking lot just short of the main gate! The first of M'Cracks and the R/Fers showed up shortly thereafter. Our numbers continued to grow the closer to opening we got and we had quite the good time.

What do we do at a tailgate? Reminds me of a song from Camelot, "Oh what do the simple folk do...." Actually, the tailgate opens whenever you happen to arrive. Come early or just stop by before opening, you'll find friends you never knew and commrades from previous years to catch up with, there are adult beverages (Mimosas as taught to me at MDRF by Scotsman and Lady Guinness, and Guinness for Himself of course), there will also be non-alcohol drinks, usually some food to break your fast, and some great conversation. I dare say you'll even find some fellow London Broil Core Audience and some folks you can convert!

Whether one is an R/F or a M'Crack or someone entirely new, its a friendly gathering for all ages where all are welcomed. Come on by Lady Tess, puts some faces with the names and expand upon the CRF expeience!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lady de la Warr

What Hibernian said!  ;)

Other things we do:

Finish getting dressed/assist each other with final dressing, garb adjustments (Joust'n is VERY good at adjusting the Queen's little "issues"  :) ), general horseplay and in the case of the M'Cracks - Chieftan meetings, pet instructions, planning of the day (for things that had been left at "to be determined" status, etc.

Tim T

Yes, please come, it's all good fun!  I'm sure we'll be there with a mimosa or two (maybe doughnuts, too).

Keep an eye out for the M'Crack banner:
http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=719.0

Tim
aka Dark'n M'Crack of Clan M'Crack/Clan White

Lady Tess

That sounds like fun! Since I do go to CRF every Saturday & Sunday, I'll need more info. when it gets closer.. but I would like to join and meet everybody.

Scotsman

Awe ... thoughts of tailgate drifting through the regents of my mind ... unlike the rest of you, I can barely remember it ... for some reason  ;D
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lairde Guardn

R/F invasion and M'Crack Family gathering on the same weekend.......That seems to be happening a lot lately......And it makes it so much FUN.
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt