News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Invasion Weekend 2008

Started by Hibernian, May 12, 2008, 12:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairewench

My husband and I will be there for Invasion weekend this year after a one year absense. I'm hoping it will be cool and not hot as I would really love to wear my noble garb and it's too hot we cannot. So, assuming the weather stays cool, we'll be looking like this!

And at the end of the day, we may very well look like this...all tired from a fun day of faire!

I hope to be able to meet all of you!
Dame Dulcinea Deveraux - My friends call me Lady Double D
Awww...ooooo...shiny...must...have!

lordwriothsley

I like that garb renfairewench did you make all yourself?
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Hibernian

The count for Invasion weekend is already in the thirties and that count does not include a fair number of M'Cracks! Looks like this may be a banner year for the CRF Invasion.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Renfairewench not only will it most likely be cool enough for your noble garb, you'll need it!  It has been cold for closing weekend of Faire for the last several years!

Dallan and Lady Di, look forward to seeing you and those fyne lads of yours again very soon indeed!  *Draws back bow to practice the shoot.*
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

renfairewench

Quote from: lordwriothsley on September 03, 2008, 03:57:09 PM
I like that garb renfairewench did you make all yourself?

LOLOLOL... noooo, didn't make a stitch of it. But thank you anyway!!!

Scotsman

Quote from: Hibernian on September 04, 2008, 07:01:06 AM
The count for Invasion weekend is already in the thirties and that count does not include a fair number of M'Cracks! Looks like this may be a banner year for the CRF Invasion.

Are we there yet??
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

lordwriothsley

Renfairewench even though you didn't make your garb I still like it.It looks nice.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Pinn

I'm almost ready to go. Just have to repack the bags. ;D
I.P.B.
IWG# 3681
Ette
ROL #101
FOKTOP

renfairewench

Quote from: lordwriothsley on September 04, 2008, 09:13:24 AM
Renfairewench even though you didn't make your garb I still like it.It looks nice.

*curtsy* Thank you very much.
The very talented DK Spencer from Arecane Lore Designs (http://www.arcanelore.com/) made my dress, and another girl named Silverstah (formerly Greycat) made my husbands amazing outfit.

lordwriothsley

Quote from: renfairewench on September 04, 2008, 11:55:59 AM

The very talented DK Spencer from Arecane Lore Designs (http://www.arcanelore.com/) made my dress, and another girl named Silverstah (formerly Greycat) made my husbands amazing outfit.
Well met to thee M'Lady.They did an amazing job on yours and your husbands outfits and plus what a good match a beautiful gown on a very attractive lady such as yourself (just don't tell your husband I said that cause I don't wanna make him jealous). ;D  ;)  :)
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

renfairewench

Quote from: lordwriothsley on September 04, 2008, 12:07:43 PM

Well met to thee M'Lady.They did an amazing job on yours and your husbands outfits and plus what a good match a beautiful gown on a very attractive lady such as yourself (just don't tell your husband I said that cause I don't wanna make him jealous). ;D  ;)  :)

Awww...you're so sweet!  Thanks!

lordwriothsley

Quote from: renfairewench on September 04, 2008, 01:20:18 PM
Quote from: lordwriothsley on September 04, 2008, 12:07:43 PM

Awww...you're so sweet!  Thanks!
Thank you so much for the kind words lass.I tell you if I was a little older and lived a little closer and you were a single lady then your husband would have had a little competition on his hands. :)  ;)  ;D
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Dallan

Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on August 25, 2008, 12:45:27 PM
It would be nice for CRF to give it's guests a "real pub" which would consist of; SITTING DOWN, enjoying conversation with friends while consuming adult beverages purchased at said pub. 

Wait I missed this earlier. No real pub? Where does one enjoy a libation?
Fight'n

will paisley

Quote from: Dallan on September 09, 2008, 01:40:14 PM
Quote from: Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia on August 25, 2008, 12:45:27 PM
It would be nice for CRF to give it's guests a "real pub" which would consist of; SITTING DOWN, enjoying conversation with friends while consuming adult beverages purchased at said pub. 

Wait I missed this earlier. No real pub? Where does one enjoy a libation?

There are plenty of places to buy a beer - just no place to sit down at them.  They're all like the "pub" along Kenwood Lane at Revel Grove, with not so much as a barstool.  From what I have heard, this policy is deliberate and unlikely to change.  IIRC, they also don't start serving beer on Sunday until after noon.

Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Dallan

You certainly do get around my friend. Thanks for the info. BTW - the boys spotted you first the other Sunday.
Fight'n