News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Midsummer Exchange

Started by rengeek77, May 12, 2008, 02:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master James

OK here we go

1 .Favorite Color:  Blue
2. Hobbies: Faire, faire and oh yeah, faire. ;D I also LOVE fabric and designing garb (its a faire thing  ;D)
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:  I have one earring and do where rings but adjustable ones in gold to go with character at faire would be nice.
4. One interesting fact about yourself:  I am a Life Member of the Girl Scouts
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Star Wars/Kushiel series
6. One word to describe you: Fun
7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Rengeek77, Scotsman, Spanky, Willensole, Reese, Aidenoffairfax, LairdeGuardnMCrack, Peddln MCrack, Hiberian, Lady Jai, TimT, Sir Dragon, Lady Gloriana, Amaras Elfwine, Black Fox, Lady Guiness and a quite a few others but I'm not sure if they have joined this board yet or not.
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  Caffine and that unfortunately means chocolate unless its processed with alkalai which removes most of the caffine.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Vanilla
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  VARF is home and regularly attend NCRF, MDRF, PARF and CRF
Why can't reality be more like faire?
Clan M'Crack
RenVet
Royal Order of Landsharks #59
FoMDRF
RFC #51

Seryn

Yay, Midsummer exchange!!  Here's my survey:

1. Favorite Color: Purple, red, blue, black, and hot pink.  Jewel tones are nice, too. 

2. Hobbies:  You mean, other than faire ;p  I love to bake, though I'ma pastry chef so it's more than a hobby lol.  I love the outdoors, I love reading, learning, crafts, scrapbooking, jewelry making, trying to learn soap making.  I LOVE sci fi and fantasy,  and love watching Doctor Who.  Dancing.  Dressing up and having fun. Just having fun in general :)

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I wear jewelry in silver tones.  I wear all jewelry and I especially love rings.  I love celtic themes, antique looking stuff, celestial themes.  Oh, I also love bracelets, even jelly/plastic/beaded (glass, wood, whatever), leather.  I sort of collect bracelets.

4. One interesting fact about yourself: I'm a serious geek.  I'm a ren geek, a sci fi geek, a fantasy geek, comic book geek, RPG geek. 

5. Favorite Movie/Book:  Favorite movie?  Oh so hard!  I love LotR, POTC, Princess Bride, Braveheart, Rob Roy, Edward scissorhands, Beetlejuice, Spiderman, X Men, Batman Begins, horror movies, Monty Python movies.  I LOVE 80s teen movies and can never pass one up when it's on tv lol  Oh and psychological thriller types, like Silence of the Lambs. 

6. One word to describe you: Indescribable?  Hmm, or maybe just "fun"

7. Anything else you wish to include: Not that I can think of at the moment. 

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : from the forum and/or Myspace and stuff - rengeek77, Nyteshade, wait, who all is on this forum again/yet/now?  IRL, I've only met a small handful that are on this forum, and some only briefly (but it's always been fun!)

9. Do you have an R/F pin?  I do :)

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you) No allergies, but maybe I should add that nuts are icky.  And black eyed peas (not that anyone would send black eyed peas... I don't think).

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) Oh gosh... vanilla, cherry, sandlewood, jasmine, lavender, coconut.  I love fruity scnets and I LOOOOVE food scents (like, things that smell like sugar, cupcakes, cinnamon - any sweet food scents).

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? TRF :)  I went to Excal when it was still Excal. 
Seryn
Gndecent Gnomie
Master Baiter on the HSI
Seryn of Chaos

divapixie

I sent my info to rengeek so I guess its my turn again.

1 .Favorite Color:Red, Green, Blue, Purple.... in that order and deep shades of each
2. Hobbies:  LOTS, ... sewing, cross stitch, jewelry making, glass work, gardening, snakes, embroidery, singing, acting, reading
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I do but I'm pretty picky about my jewelry.  I prefer silver... rings size on rins finger is 5 1/2 middle is 6 1/2.  I like Labradorite, peridot, garnet, amethyst and moonstone.
4. One interesting fact about yourself: Ummmm... I am a maker of pretty things and I raise corn snakes.
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Too many to choose from right now... I'm a Harry Potter and LOTR fan.
6. One word to describe you: Ecclectic
7. Anything else you wish to include: I'm Pagan.  I love lavendar and rose scents... I'm a chocoholic.  Ummmm... not sure what else you need to know.
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Bacardi, Viola, DB, Nyteshade, Dracconia, Deborah, anyone in the harem really...
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes....
10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  Not that I'm aware of but I'm not a big fan of cinnamon rolls or doughnuts though.
11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.) For incense:Lavendar, Rose, Sandalwood, Franckinsence, Clove, Cinnamon  For fragrances on me: Rose, Lavendar, Sage, Bath and Body Work Jasmine Vanilla
12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  MNRF, KCRF, Twig (in northern MN) I've been to TRF but with the price of gas... who knows this season.

"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."

Ottheinrich

1 .Favorite Color: Burgundy

2. Hobbies: Brewing Beer

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate: I wear Jewelry both silver and gold at the same time and te sizes would be 10-15

4. One interesting fact about yourself: I made my garage into a Bar so I would have less distance to drive after drinking

5. Favorite Movie/Book: PoTC

6. One word to describe you: VeryLarge ( I know its 2 words but Im twice the size of most people)

7. Anything else you wish to include:
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Nicholas-Antoine, Sir Marcus, John, Don Juan, Lady Anne of Dracott, Lady Guinevere, Donna Catalina, Lady Dana, Queen Bonnie... .....

9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes given to me by John

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)None

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)Sandal Wood

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Scarby, TRF, FourWinds

Lady Ann of Draycott

1. Favorite Color:  White (It's a color!)  My garb is mostly black, gold, white, light pink, dark plum and earth tones.  I bought a new pink and black tail at Scarby last weekend!

2. Hobbies:  Faire, horses, horseback riding, camping, fishing and hiking.

3. Do you wear jewelry, what type (ex. rings, earrings, necklaces, also gold or silver) and size where appropriate:  I love pearls and that's what I mostly wear with my noble garb.  I've been looking for those really long strands of pearls that the nobles wear with their court gowns, but so far I haven't been able to find any!  I also like pins and brooches, Celtic designs and dangly earrings.  Gold or Silver, doesn't matter to me!

4. One interesting fact about yourself:  Know the book, Broadway musical or movie "The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas" or the song "La Grange" by ZZ Top? Well, it's all based on a story that was inspired by the real-life "Chicken Ranch" in La Grange, Texas and I live there.  It's funny how many times I've heard "You mean that place was real?" Yep!  ;)

5. Favorite Movie/Book:  My favorite movie is "Ever After" with Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott; my favorite books are the Draycott Abbey Series by Christina Skye.

6. One word to describe you:  Eclectic

7. Anything else you wish to include:  I love collecting faire favors and other special trinkets that remind me of faire or of my fairmily.  EloquentXI gave me a little gold rose pin at faire last weekend and I absolutely love it!  It will always be pinned to my bodice whenever I go to faire!  Lets see...I love rum, loki, wine and other adult beverages.  I've been looking for a leather goblet holder (not a mug strap) that I can put on my belt to hold my pewter wine goblet, but I haven't been able to find one yet...hint...hint...  ;)

8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum:  Teach and Trinn, Ottheinrich and Master Hugger Kate, Lady Guinevere, DonaCatalina, Zaubon, Nicholas-Antoine, Lady Jessica, Aiacha, eloquentXI, Lord Zenok, Thomas Eagle, yrose, Queen Bonnie, and there are more... ;D

9. Do you have an R/F pin?  Yes, several that I have painted different colors.

10. Allergies?? (in case someone bakes for you)  No, not that I know of.

11. Favorite scents? (in case someone gets you candles, incense, etc.)  Vanilla and Cinnamon (Nothing flowery!)

12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended?  Texas Renaissance Festival and Scarborough Renaissance Festival.
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Dracconia

here goes

1 .Favorite Color: Green
2. Hobbies:  Faire, theater, reading,
3. Do you wear jewelry, what type: not big on rings but that is about the only thing i dont like...oh and silver not gold
4. One interesting fact about yourself: i love to cook
5. Favorite Movie/Book: Raise your voice/Irish Born by Nora Roberts
6. One word to describe you: Crazy!
7. Anything else you wish to include: i love homeade stuff!
8. Those who know me IRL and on the Forum : Divapixie, Lord Blade, Lucinia, Teach, Lady Amy of York, Beeboy, Grov, Nyteshade, Knarlyknot
9. Do you have an R/F pin?  no i dont
10. Allergies?? poisin oak and pencillian cookies can be deadly for me! ;)
>>>11. Favorite scents? fresh laundry, and rain
>>>12. Home faire and other faires regularly attended? Four Winds Faire
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

rengeek77

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone that has joined, I am so glad we are still doing this!  If anyone else is still interested, you still have till tomorrow at midnight to get your name in (okay, I am not going to be up and checking this at midnight, but you know what I mean  ;) ).  We'll be sorting and matching names on Friday, then mailing them out either Friday or Saturday so we can start shopping and or creating! 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene
myspace.com/galleonsandgold
flickr.com/photos/prosperoandmiranda

rengeek77

Thanks again everyone!  I'll have partners sent to you before the end of the weekend!
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

Lady Ann of Draycott

I got my exchange person yesterday and I've already got a couple of ideas...

When is the deadline to have the gifts sent out? 

Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Ottheinrich

Cassandra Joybells

???  Damme! i am so sorry to have missed out...i thoroughly enjoyed participating last year picking out my gifts to send and gettinga great gift in the mail  :'(  le sigh oh well there's always next year!
have fun everyone.

rengeek77

We'll have another one in December Cassandra, so only half a year to wait!   ;D
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

Ottheinrich

Package has been sent  ;D

Now What?

rengeek77

That's it!  You wait for yours to arrive!  In the past, people have generally posted once when they send, then when they receive, stating what they got.  Its fun to see the different ideas everyone had.  I am working on mine this weekend to get it out to my secret person! 
Terrible Tess
Captain of the Gangrene

divapixie

I will send mine once I get home to Kansas since I have half of it here with me and the other half at home.  I'll have it out before the 28th... hopefully.
"I have the heart of a child... in a jar on my desk."