News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need a new camera?

Started by DeadBishop, September 30, 2008, 12:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadBishop

....I listed some equipment HERE.

If you have any questions, just ask!

R/F.com member since 2003

AbleArcher

DeadBishop

Quote from: AbleArcher on September 30, 2008, 08:26:40 PM
Buying a 5DmkII or a 50D?

Not sure yet... ::)  Good guess on what I'm looking at though.   ;D  Would love the 5DmkII, but more than likely will be the 50D.

DeadBishop

Quote from: majikboxman on October 02, 2008, 11:25:47 AM

How can you have a new 20D kit ?

Race ya to a 50D. :-) :-p

My bro just picked up a 5D 'not the M2' for 1500. 

I don't have one...I sold it.   :P

Couple more days and I should be able to order my 50D.   ;D

DeadBishop

Well, I may have to issue a refund and relist it now...I'm smelling a scam.

AbleArcher

Where'd you list it? What kind of scam?

DeadBishop

Link in the first post.  Everything was listed on eBay.  Both cameras I sold were bought by people with new accounts with zero feedback.  I'm holding off on shipping for a few days just in case they were purchased with stolen credit cards or something.

AbleArcher

I don't sell camera stuff on ebay any longer. I sell on either FredMiranda.com (costs $25 a year to do so) or, when i shot Canon, I sold it on POTN (photography on the net), a Canon user forum. I always had good luck there.

Friar Rohn the Chronicler

Some of the stuff on eBay is a really good deal. Personally, I would worry about warranty issues (many are not US warranty or listed as "gray market") or factory refurbs on major electronics. Last thing I got off eBay was a Stroboframe Pro-T flash bracket which was listed at our best camera shop in town for $110, I found one off eBay for $60. So since I had to order a few accessories, I broke even. I got my last Speedlite 580ex II with a Gary Fong LightSphere II diffuser for around $450. It listed around $100 more from the local shop. Next on the wish list is a Canon extended battery pack for the flash.

Not going to jump to the 50D yet. I wait until the first year is behind it in case of factory recalls.

Friar Rohn

DeadBishop

Well, so far so good with the sales that have happened....let's just hope they stay that way.  Now if I could only sell the remaining two lenses I have listed, I'm all set.