News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Plunder Fest 2009

Started by Angelhood, October 08, 2008, 08:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelhood

Ahoy Maties!

There be a new festival dedicated to the land-locked pirates and privateers we all are! Plunder Fest!!!!!

The dates are set (April 30, May 1, & 2, 2009, Yes I know this is Thursday, Friday, and Saturday....because this event is focused so highly on education of the time period the local school district is already involved and will be making this a field trip for as many classes as they can possibly bring.) The location will be at the Mesa County Fair Grounds at the Lions Club and Veteran's Parks. This event will be hosted by The Highland Rogues in the Grand Junction, Colorado area. This is a fund raiser for lots of local nonprofit organizations in our area, mostly youth organizations. The two primary beneficiaries will be Grand Junction Partners and the Boy Scouts.

I will keep you posted on updates of course. If you are interested in being a performer or a vendor at this festival...renmail me and I will get you in contact with the appropriate person.

******Vendor and Performer applications are now available.*********

I also need to mention, just so that there is not any confusion, that this festival is in no way associated with the Ravenshire faire.

I look forward to hearing from you either as a participant or patron.

Thanks.
Angelhood

CapnJack

I'm very excited about this.  I would love to know how preparations are going so far, and I'm sure you already know I'm interested in being a performer.

You might consider contacting Captain Drake of the Sunken Bones Society (www.sunkenbones.com) about the event too.  I'm sure he'd be interested in participating in some capacity.  Have you talked to any of the other pirate groups on this side of the divide?
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Moldy Forest

Is there a website up for this or a myspace? You've got me interested and I can't turn back now.
Chik-fil-a is the best restaurant ever. The End.

Angelhood

The website is still under construction  :'( Sorry!

I will post it as soon as it is up and running.