News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Guinness needs you!

Started by Scotsman, October 09, 2008, 07:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotsman

Kind of catchy subject line eh?

Any who ... Lady Guinness is looking for pristine Guinness Stout bottle caps. If you happen to be imbibing in the near future please save your caps for her. I cannot tell you what they are for but if you provide her with caps I am sure she will in kind return the "favor". If you have any of the said caps in good condition send Lady Guinness a note or see her at faire. Greatly appreciated.

... carry on ... that is all ...
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Amras Elfwine

All mine have teeth marks in them... :P

We should have a "bottle emptying party" sometime...and soon!
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Scotsman

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on October 09, 2008, 07:52:51 AM

Now why didn't I think of this  ???
Absolutely guineas!

... I'll get started on the details of this endevour immediately ... can you say tailgate ...
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Amras Elfwine

...I promise not to ruin any of the bottel caps with my choppers...
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Feline Groovy

Quote from: Amras Elfwine on October 09, 2008, 07:52:51 AM

I like the way you think
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Scarlett

Can't help you on this one luv.  We drink our Guinness from a can in my house.
Mimosas - They're Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
SWG, Chapter 1, co-founding member

Higgins

Yes Scotsman, you got my attention for sure. I mean how often does Guinness need me? Usually I need Guinness!
Scarlet dear, wether it be bottle can or cup, you can call on me to drink it up!
I will see if I can bring any caps with us as we will be attending this weekend .    can't make closing :(

Lady Guinness

Thanks Scotsman for posting this. Yes, I am collecting the bottle caps. I do not think I can drink enough on my own to do.
*shhhhhh...don't tell anyone!*
Higgins~ I am so sorry I am going to miss you and your wife this weekend. Scotsman will be there though to welcome you to our shire and make you feel at home. Someone I cared deeply for passed away today so I  will be going to Georgia tomorrow. Have a safe journey here and enjoy a pint or three for me! ;)
Amras~ as long as they are your teeth marks it will be fine! ::)

Lady Mikayla of Phoenicia

Well of course a subject line like that is bound to get my attention.  I had been saving the Corona and Guinness caps from my bottles and just a few hours ago decided I would never need them for anything...pardon me while I go digst about the basura and pop another Guinness for good measure!   ::)
"Embrace those who love you and rid yourself of those who bring you down."

Scotsman

Quote from: Scarlett on October 09, 2008, 12:54:57 PM
Can't help you on this one luv.  We drink our Guinness from a can in my house.

Can't you switch for charity? Or for me? Okay switch for Lady Guinness!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Scotsman

Quote from: Lady Guinness on October 09, 2008, 06:11:23 PM
Scotsman will be there though to welcome you to our shire and make you feel at home. Someone I cared deeply for passed away today so I  will be going to Georgia tomorrow.

Tis true ... I will be flying solo tomorrow ... I hate going to faire without my maiden ... thank God I can surround myself with friends to pass the day along. Maybe I can bribe the young lass (daughter) into babysitting me for the day.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56

Marietta Graziella

I can't help with bottle caps but the title of the thread caught my attention all the way in MN!  lol

Lady Guinness, I'm so sorry about the passing of your friend.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Lady Guinness

Marietta~ thank you for the kind words. It will be lovely to see you again next year for Invasion weekend.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Lady G, A day at faire without you! Man thats gonna be weird. So sorry to hear of your loss,prayers are with you. Have a safe trip and we'll see you next weekend.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Lady Guinness

Thank you Lady Joyce Ann. It has been a difficult weekend. After the funeral tomorrow I will be headed home. It will be lovely to be back at the shire and enjoy life to its fullest with my friends.