News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Jewelery

Started by Ranna, October 09, 2008, 09:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranna

Wish I could claim that I'm girly and sew beautiful gowns like some - but sadly I'm a metal girl.

Here's a hand flower I crafted from heat colored stainless steel scales - they have a purple shimmer to them.

I made a byzantine weave bracelet with aluminum in silver, gold and blue.

I also made my husband a snakemail armband, here's a closeup of the weave.

Lastly I made a spiral bracelet.

Other weaves I've tried were persian 3-1 and box weave...no pics of those sadly since I gave them away as gifts.  I'm willing to work on pieces for others -I've half considered making an Etsy site or try to sell them on Ebay or...something.  I have lots of colored aluminum rings and can always order more.
"The lasses have got to respect a man who can blow, finger and squeeze all at the same time." - Anonymous bagpipe player

Magister

TFL:

Those are great!  We have a lot of people on the forum who work in chainmaille.  There is nothing wrong with working in metal (says, the blacksmith).

Welcome to the forum.

- Mag
Magister
Moderator: Crafting Corner, Buy + Sale + Trade

Lishy

This is my fiance's first piece- he made it for me to go with my pirate garb this year as I am very much a girly girl when it comes to my baubles:

Earrings to follow, and I will also have a braceet to wear on an everyday type basis.

Im so proud of him!
Muintir Go Deo!
SquishyLishy, Squeak, 1/2 of D-Lish
Clan o hEighnigh

renren

What beautiful work both of you have done! :)
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

jcbanner

Where do you get your scales from?  I've done Chain in the past, but have never tried scale, looks like it would be worth trying

Malkavian

JC: I haven't worked with scale personally, but the guy I get my rings from (theringlord.org) offers scales in several sizes and materials.

TFL and Lishy: Great to see some more maillers here :)  I'm at work so I don't have any pics of my pieces handy, but I've mostly done jewelery in stainless, bronze and a bit of copper (and a neverending shirt project in aluminum)