News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

the site

Started by Cyron, October 11, 2008, 07:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyron

i was wondering if any of you all admin types new what happened to the site today as it was off and gone for awhile..

on a site note.. i dont know what happened but i did read that in the past the site was hacked and all messed up.. i see that you use smf v1.1.4.. there is versions 1.1.5 and 1.1.6 out now that fix up some holes.. only problem is i dont know if the theme yall use would work on the 1.1.6 version

oh and if you do update it to 1.1.6 its very easy and done in the admin control panel including downloading it there.. (i have 2 forums databases, one was 1.1.5 but recently updated and the other is a 1.1.6)

anyways.. just wondering.
I'm walking in a dream half the time, and sleeping through reality the other half.
Warning: Have camera, WILL Shoot!!

NoBill Lurker

I'm just happy to have it back up and running  ;D
So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

Noble Dreg

The site or my heart, it skipped a beat when that weird "information" site popped up instead of R/F!
"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

white trillium

Me too! Quite curious to see what happened today.
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

sealion

Whew! So glad it's back! I syarted to freak out when I kept getting 404 site Not found messages!!!
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

anne of oaktower

Wow!  So glad it wasn't just me having those problems.  What is that weird site that comes up?  I had to find a "back door" to get back in here on the forums.  Wonder how many others aren't able to find their way here now?
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

renfairephotog

Happy to be back on the RF.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Rani Zemirah

I was a little panicky myself! So glad it's back up!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

DeadBishop

No official word yet, but most likely a server error.  All better now.   :)

R/F.com member since 2003

Lady Renee Buchanan

This is the first time this morning that I was able to get on.  I was having major withdrawal symptoms and panic attacks, especially since Layla and Mad Jack told me yesterday the site was back up.  It wouldn't work for me at all.  Finally got in this morning.  Yea!  And hugs to the admins. who gave me back my "home." And to my friends who kept me in the loop.  ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

John

Two events occurred this weekend.
A configuration file was somehow corrupted causing visitors to be sent to the hosts click monetization page.
Then the database got out of sync causing errors.

Our "web host with the most" Tom was able to correct both issues.

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

lordwriothsley

Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"