News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Tomorrow and closing weekend

Started by Lady_Glorianna, October 11, 2008, 07:50:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Glorianna

As some may have noticed, I was not able to go to fest today. Well, I am writing from his room at the hospice center. (see my thread on candles for prayer for more details if you want them) Don't think I will make tomorrow or know about next weekend. Know that both of us are with you and welcome you in spirit and hope that you have a great time!
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Catherine of Austria, Queen consort of Portugal
Molly Blair

Lady Guinness

Glorianna~ Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. We will raise a morning mimosa to you and Ron. You guys are always on our minds and in our hearts. Hugs to you both. If you need anything please let us know. We are all here for you. Hugs.

Scotsman

You will be missed lass. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Dallan

I looked for you yesterday. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
Fight'n

Lady Maerwynn

Lady Glorianna you will indeed be missed.  We will keep you both in our thoughts and prayers as well. 
Clan M'Crack - Breeze'n
FoMDRF
FoVarf
IWG #42

Lady Guinness

Glorianna~ I know your days are full right now, when you have a little time please let us know how you and Ron are doing. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lady_Glorianna

I decided to write now while I still have somewhat of a clear head. The doctor was here this afternoon and he said that though he may be wrong, it would not surprise him if Ron passes in a week or two. Ron is in a fog and his kidneys are shutting down. He spends most of the time sleeping or mentally off somewhere. He has moments where he might recognize and acknowledge who is talking to him but these are becoming less frequent. As the moment draws near, he might be a little bit more alert but only time will tell...

I was looking through some notebooks and found the following note he had jotted down a while a go at a time when ever the engineer we were getting and preparing certain things for when this time came:

"I can't go on fighting this cancer. It is killing me and it has won. We all must eventually die. This is my time. Do not cry for me. I have accepted the inevitable. I only cry for those who I leave behind specially my beautiful Gloria. All who wish to donate money at the time of my death can do so to my wife Gloria Morales to assist her in paying off our financial debt or they may donate to the Animal Rescue Fund or ASPCA"---Ron Santos

I have limited internet connection here at the hospice so feel free to share with anyone I might have missed. As per his wishes, there shall be no viewing and/or funeral. There might be a mass and when I have figured that out I shall let you know. Also as per his wishes, should you wish to organize a memorial, you are free to do so.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair

Lady Guinness

Glorianna, thank you for sharing his words with us. You and Ron will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Amras Elfwine

The Candles are lit
The bottles are open
Heady flower scent fills the air

We look to our hearts
And, filled with Ren Spirit,
We know that Sir Dragon is There

When hugs ever tight
and laughter are shaired,
Letting us know that we are at faire

We look to our hearts
And, filled with Ren Spirit,
We know that Sir Dragon is There

Love to you both, my dear friends!
The Spirit of Ren
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Scotsman

Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

Lady_Glorianna

Amras, many thanks for that!

They reassure me here that the hearing is the last thing you loose. If anyone would like to come and say goodbye, PM and I will give you the info to do so.
Lady Elizabeth Poyntz
Ynez de Leon
Molly Blair